Hotwire Hotel: 3-star hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville (pls help ID)

mangobox
By mangobox,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This is a match for both the City Centre Hotel and Sports Club as well as the Hilton Garden Inn, so either of those would be our best guess (although i'd lean towards it being the City Centre Hotel and Sports Club).

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchass you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help.

Another question. My son just turned two and we're taking him along on the trip. If I don't include him in the # of occupants, I get a LOT more hotels and better prices. A 3* for $99 on Mag Mile.

Fitness Center

Pool

Bus. Center

Hi Speed

Trip Advisor 3.5

Sounds like the same hotel but $100 cheaper. Since son will be sleeping in the same bed (king hopefully) do we really need to add him? Or can we keep occupancy to 2 adults?

I'd label it a slight risk...

I'm in a similar situation as our daugther is 2 1/2 and i would have no problem taking the chance... but have already discussed with my wife that we would make a "makeshift" bed on the floor (with pillows, sheets, etc) if we ran into a situation where there wasn't enough room to fit a crib. This past week she moved from a crib to a "big girl's bed" :) so we're no longer in the "if we can't get a crib situation" but would still be fine with the bed on the floor option if we only received a room with one (queen) bed.

We're expecting our second child soon so i'll probably have to start re-thinking our one room situation, but will probably be 'ok' with it until our youngest turns 2 or so. I'll also add that i usually bid on the highest star rating avaialble as i hope that the higher star rated hotels are a bit more accomodating (wouldn't take such a risk at a 2* property) and also didn't take the risk for our recent trip to Europe where rooms are notoriously small (and ultimately wish we did in Paris as the hotel was awful and we would have done much better on HOTWIRE... now knowing the hotel we would have received and that they would have accomodated our 2 year old with a crib :) )

One last comment... i'm also more inclinded to use HOTWIRE in this situation if there are a lot of hotels in the area, this way i can try to figure out the hotel i'm likely to receive and do a little research to make sure they do have rooms with 2 beds, see if the service level seems 'accomodating', etc, etc)

Let us know what you decide of if we can be of further help... please remember to use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

While I cannot guarantee, if the 3* does turn out to be the City Centre hotel (formerly a Holiday Inn), they will likely (although again, no guarantees!) get 2 beds, as that is the one and only hotel in Chicago that seems to have noticably more rooms with 2 beds than rooms with 1.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]