Hotwire Hotel: New York

citylover
By citylover,
in

Does anyone know if some big event is happening in NY this week. I have been checking Hotwire for prices March 27-March 30 and in MTE MTcentral &TimesSq only about 6-7 hotels keep appearing and prices are from $510 highest to $250 lowest all week. This past hour it is from $400 to $271 lowest.

I am surprisedthat no lower rates have apperaed al week but maybe as I get closer to the weekend they wil start to drop anyone have any take on this?

I really want to stay in one of these areas. Prefer 4* plus, I was going to try Priceline but I do not want the Hyatt or Hilton and it seems I may get them there based on past posting..

Citylover,

Priceline needs to have inventory at your bid price for the entire length of your stay. If the 27th is the rough day and there would be a great discrepancy in price between it and the other days, bid in two sections, the 28-30th and the 27th alone. That would be splitting the bid. Just be aware you may need to move hotels.

Good luck!

This explains it in more detail if you'd like:

SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID

However, even this may not help as inventory is extremely tight for the nite of the 27th. Searching on Hotwire for that date only shows one 2* hotel priced at $546! My guess is that Priceline may not have inventory either.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]