Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Manchester Grand Hyatt

grram1
By grram1,
in

Got quite the deal on our first bid this time around (you usually don't like to have your first offer accepted... makes you wonder how much cheaper you could have gotten it for... but this time I honestly thought I was posting a low ball bid that simply got accepted... I had my strategy set up to start at $80 and work it up to $105 from there). Hotwire has a 4* in the same area for $112, judging by the amenities I have a suspicion that it's the same property. Best rate elsewhere was a AAA promo rate of $156.75... otherwise $184 was the best I could find... so the $80 win represents a significant savings. I am flirting with extending the stay (via. "Extend your stay for the same rate" offer)... if I can arrange my personal life to allow for the extra night my overall savings would increase over this already great deal (as the Friday night rate goes up to $191.20 on the AAA promo and $219 elsewhere). This hotel also carries a good tripadvisor rating of 58 of 234 hotels. All in all very pleased and excited about this one!

Check-In Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Check-Out Date: Friday, August 3, 2007

Hotel Name: Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego

1 Market Place

San Diego, California 92101

619-232-1234

Your Offer Price: $80.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $160.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $26.97

Total Charges*: $186.97

Went ahead and added an extra night... the original $80 was rejected and I was offered a $90 rate which I accepted. This is still an outstanding deal as the Friday night rate goes up $35 when booked direct through the hotel... so on a percentage basis the $90 win for Friday night was actually a bigger savings than the $80 rate scored for the previous two nights.

Check-In Date: Friday, August 3, 2007

Check-Out Date: Saturday, August 4, 2007

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $90.00

Subtotal: $90.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $18.11

Total Charges for Add. Night Res.*: $108.11

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]