Early pickup (7am?) but still get weekend rate?

cokemanj
By cokemanj,
in

I am wanting to get a car from MSP on 7/12 - 7/15. I know that I can get the weekend rate from Hotwire for $16.xx/day if I list pickup at noon. My question is, can I pick the car up very early in the morning and still be charged the weekend rate? I know they charge in 24 hour periods so I would be charged for 4 days, but I would save roughly $9/day.

Also, I have another question if any one can help. Can I rent a car through Priceline or Hotwire in MSP and drive it to Canada? I've read many sites saying it is OK but I don't know if that would be allowed with a purchase through them.

Thanks for your help!

can I pick the car up very early in the morning and still be charged the weekend rate?
It will likely depend upon the agent who checks you in. There is probably some 'grace period' on both sides of the reservation, but not 5 hours worth. I think you'd have better luck at 11am than at 7am.
Can I rent a car through Priceline or Hotwire in MSP and drive it to Canada?
Depends upon the car company that accepts your purchase. Many, even with 'unlimited miles', have restrictions on how far outside the immediate geographic you are allowed to drive.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]