Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago Magnificent Mile $219

chrisorchristine
By chrisorchristine,
in

Welcome to better bidding :)

If you mean the 4* in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area for 8/3-6 searching for 2 people with the amenities: fitness, business, restaurant, internet (and a customer favorite), that would be a match amenity-wise for the Conrad or the Hard Rock, although neither of those is previously listed as a customer favorite. However, out of those two, I'd lean towards it likely being the Hard Rock. The other possibility I would think would be the Westin River North, with a new internet icon. Strange that it is a customer favorite and no customer reviews, which customer favorites usually offer and allow one to maybe get a hint as to what the hotel is.

If you do decide to book, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the site's link to HOTWIRE, as it supports the site.

Quikbook has the Affinia Chicago for $204/nite non-refundable ($222 refundable) <--NOTE: renovations taking place and no food or beverage as well as lobby under renovation, still recent reviews are very good.

Also thru Quikbook is the Swissotel for $209/nite (refundable) and the Sofitel for $225/nite (non-refundable).

Thoughts on any of the above? At the very least the Swissotel can be used as a cancellable back-up (just make sure you book the "book now pay later" rate... all non-refundable rates are clearly marked as such)

Thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you looking for 2 people on Quikbook for 8/3-6? Because I'm seeing the Swiss for $209 for those dates, as well. Are there 2 people in your party or are there more?

Edit: Oh, you need 2 beds. Not easy for these dates, as Chicago's difficult in the Summer throughout many dates. The major problem with these dates is that the Lollapalooza festival is occuring on 8/3-5. Many, many people coming to the festival have already booked their rooms.

What happens during the check-out process that only shows a King bed available?

I just did a search for 2adults/1child and get the Swissotel to appear as: Deluxe King or 2 Doubles (3ppl. max). If the bed isn't assigned during the check-out process, i would book it and then call to confirm 2 Doubles (since you reserved the room for 3 people... one king bed certainly wouldn't be accomodate)

Maybe doing so could even get them to change a King reservation to 2 Doubles? (if not, you cancel without penalty since it's a "book now pay later" rate)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ooh, that is correct. I must have been tired last night, I didn't even notice that the Quikbook listing was Deluxe King or 2 Doubles (3ppl. max)

The hotel website says the Swiss is booked up, so I would definitely act quickly (or, in this case, quikly - no, I'm not a comedian) to take advantage of what inventory Quikbook has left.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]