Priceline Hotel: Rebidding concern/question

Iluvadeal
By Iluvadeal,
in

I have been reading about rebidding techniques and I am less confused which is a good thing. I was wondering instead of adding a new zone when your original bid is rejected can you just select a lower star rating and bid outrageously low? For example:

I want downtown philly 4* for $60 pn I bid $60, it's rejected. Instead of clicking on a new area like airport or something I just change it to a 3* and then bid $10. That of course is rejected then I go back to 4* with a higher increment say $70. In the past when my bids have been rejected I NEVER changed the area (zone).

Thanks in advance for the insight.

I have been reading about rebidding techniques and I am less confused which is a good thing

Obviously you've not quite cracked it yet :)

Your strategy will NOT work as you will have already bid for 4* in your first bid.

Your next bid of 4* and 3* is a waste and the next bid wouldn't allow you to just pick 4*. (even if you close the browser and start again)

In your example Philly has 6 FREE Rebid zones which should be more than enough to get you a 4* if there's inventory.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]