Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (USE) Crowne Plaza

nyfltraveler
By nyfltraveler,
in

$119 Union Square East. Shows property has a spa... ANy thoughts?

Details for your 3.5-star hotel in Union Square East

Hotel Details

Check in:silkCheckInDate:Tue, Aug 7, 2007Check out:silkCheckOutnDate:Thu, Aug 9, 2007Hotel name:Hotwire Hotel Supplier

Our 3.5-star hotel suppliers include:

Hilton, Millennium, Crowne Plaza, plus other top brands and quality hotels.

When do I learn the hotel's name? Ratings Guide

14%

savingssilkPricePerRoomPerson:$119per room

per night

Retail: $139.00

You save: $20.00

Hotel Amenities

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

If you look at HOTWIRE's Vacation Package product (hotel & air) for your dates, you'll see the Sir Francis Drake is an exact match. HOTWIRE's Vacation Package is an excellent tool to aid in the unmasking of hotel identities.

And now a suggestion from a local.....While the 3.5 is selling for $119 on your dates, also notice the 3 star "customer favorite" selling for $89 in the USE zone. The 3 star property is a match for the Crowne Plaza. In my opinion, the Crowne Plaza would be the best purchase here, not only because of the lower price, but rooms are more spacious than those of the Sir Francis Drake. The Sir Francis Drake has some very tiny rooms which are only 120 sq ft. I would expect/assume these rooms get assigned to Hotwire and/or Priceline guests. Just my opinion. As to location, it's a wash as the two hotels are right across the street from one another.

As to hotel types, the Sir Francis Drake is owned by the Kimpton chain which owns/operates boutique style hotels. You'll probably find the rooms at the Sir Francis Drake much more colorfully decorated than the cookie-cutter standardization of a Crowne Plaza chain.

My suggestion? Stay at the Crowne Plaza, but walk across the street for breakfast at Scalas, located on the ground floor of the Sir Francis Drake. Best eggs benedict you'll ever have!

Good luck!

Congratulations on your success! Glad the board was able to advise you on this stay.

Can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase to this thread... you can still view them by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY STUFF link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks. Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your hospitality on this site. I appreciate it.

The amenities description on Hotwire for this same hotel are

3* Union Sq East ("Customer Favorite")

Hotel Amenities

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]