Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Orlando (Downtown Disney-Lake Buena Vista) Caribe Royale

jagson
By jagson,
in

I used Hotwire for the 1st time several days ago, and accepted an offer for a 3.5 star hotel advertised if Downtown Disney (DTD). When I received notice of the hotel name, I felt I'd been lied to. I learned that the hotel was Caribe Royale, which is not in DTD. Has this occured to anyone else? Is there anything I ccan do to cancel this?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As per the board rules:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Thanks! :)

Please post the details of your win (star rating, price, zone, hotel, amenities and dates) and we will then reply to your situation above. You can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY STUFF link near the top of their page.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HW advertised the hotel in Downtown Disney, which is on WDW property. The zone was in the Disney area, price $114 per night, 3.5 star rating, hotel Caribe Royale, dates 07/10/07 to 07/13/07. My complaint is that they advertised the hotel in the "Downtown Disney" area, when in fact this hotel is not in the DTD area. I accepted the offer based on the premise that the hotel was in DTD area, not on the premise that it was close to the DTD area. I want help understanding why HW mislead me to believe this hotel was in DTD; and if I have any recourse, or compensation for this deceptive practice.

Can you confirm that the amenties shown before your purchase were: Resort, Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Golf, Tennis, Laundry. Again, you can view this information thru the MY STUFF link at HOTWIRE's home page.

As far as your zone issue, the zone name is not just "Downtown Disney", but "Downtown Disney-Lake Buena Vista". As well, as you've since learned, the zone is much larger than just "Dowtnown Disney"... when a map is given the boundaries are clearly defined, and this hotel is within the shaded region of the map which makes up this zone.

You can certainly try to call HOTWIRE and express your disatisfaction and maybe you can get a sympathetic ear, but i'm HOTWIRE is within their rights in this instance (imo) as the hotel is within the shaded boundary that they use to define this area.

Good Luck if you do pursue it and let us know if you make any headway.

Try to enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

That place had good reviews. I just tried to book it for this weekend at 99/night. They stopped doing resv. at 8:30pm. They do not open until in the morning again. I was transferred to the front desk and she plugged me back into the automated mailbox. I found online that they are sold out this weekend, but I would hate to think someone at the front desk could not answer a simple question.

LBV is right next to DD, you will be alright.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]