EasyClickTravel

vtiroof
By vtiroof,
in

Looking to stay near LAX, August 19 to 24 for 3 people. EasyClickTravel currently have 4* "Off the Record" for Marriott LAX at $107 a night. The best for those dates on Hotwire is 3.5* for only a little less and not worth risking the room situation on Priceline. Wanted to get an idea of how reliable EasyClickTravel is now - I did a search on this site and came up with a stack of problems experienced with EasyClickTravel but all were dated 2005/early 2006 - how is this service working now????

I know of no recent problems with them and i would think you'll be fine with your stay over a month away... most problems they had were with same day reservations. Just call the hotel a few days after your EasyClickTravel reservation to make sure they have your information.

I would, have used, used them without incident.

Please use our EasyClickTravel link should you move forward with them.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to quickly chime in as I had an experience with Easyclicktravel.com the last couple days that I wanted to share. I was a little hesitant to book with them, and after this experience I remain so. I found an amazing deal on a hotel for a trip I'm taking in a couple months. Seemed too good to be true (and it was!), so I booked it. I was uneasy about the whole thing though, as easyclicktravel.com seems a little shady. Misspellings in hotel descriptions, rates that noone else has, etc. Anyway, I was happy when I immediately got a confirmation number, so I called the hotel directly to confirm my reservation. They did indeed have the reservation in their system, but under a Government/Military rate--which I do not qualify for. Obviously the easyclicktravel.com website made no mention that this was a gov't rate, or else I wouldn't have booked it. They simply listed it as "2 Room suite, 2 dbl beds, poolview, nonsmoking" and said it was "available." Anyway, I called EasyClickTravel back immediately and they insisted that it's NOT a gov't rate, and that it must be the hotel's mistake--it's actually a special agent rate. I waited a couple days and called the hotel's customer service center again to try and straighten it all out. AGain I was told that the travel agency (easyclicktravel.com) had booked my reservation at a Gov't rate and that I'd have to show my ID at check-in. Well, after calling EasyClickTravel AGAIN and speaking to someone new, I insisted that they call the hotel directly and straighten this out. She did, and did indeed find that the reservation was booked as a Gov't reservation and that the hotel would require proper identification at check-in. She couldn't explain why it wasn't showing up as a Gov't rate on the website and said she'd "look into it." Anyway, I cancelled the reservation.

Another interesting thing about this--and it may speak to the OP's question--my credit card was never charged for this booking. I was told that in some instances it is, but in other instances it's simply used to "hold" the reservation and taht the hotel will charge you at check-out--presumably the rate you were quoted on easyclicktravel.com's website.

Anyway, just goes to show that you have to do your own due diligence in situations like these. As the mod said, call the hotel directly to confirm, and if something seems too good to be true, then it probably is. The whole thing left a nasty taste in my mouth, so I'll probably stick to Priceline, Hotels.com, etc.

Not a problem... we value all experiences so that users can make their own determinations if they would like to use a service or not... but we also would pull a sponsor if we found there to be a recurring issue.

We used to be able to resolve any EasyClickTravel isses very quickly as our contact person was very accessible and consumer friendly, so the few issues that did arise were usually resolved fairly to the satisfaction of all the parties involed. This prior contact has since moved on to a new position, but i have given the information you sent me to our new contact person and we'll see what he comes up with and will be in touch.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]