Priceline Hotel: 4* USW/USE 7/16-7/20 struggle

smackie3000
By smackie3000,
in

Hello, just want to share my struggle getting a 4* hotel in SF really.

Been bidding for a room in either USW/USE for absolutely ages! From $80 all the way to $150 for the last few weeks.

I have used priceline for a while so do know rebid zones and all that. Can't see any huge convention going on during my travel period. Although it's week days surely can't be THAT bad.

Can't really be bothered to get a backup as 4* will also be available even up to last minute - at a price!

In hope that priceline will receive more inventory next week as we are now in July.

Anyone having the same kind of 'luck' want to vent?? Feel free!

PS: I used to have another login name but can't remember any of my login details (stupid me)

Did you notice that someone else won a 4* for your exact dates for $80?

San Francisco Priceline Win

Those bids were places more than three weeks ago though and Priceline availability changes all the time.

Are you willing to split your bid to improve your chances of acceptance now? Try for 3* or Boutique?

In Priceline terms July 16 is still far away so you've got time to keep trying for four nights at one hotel.

I just checked HOTWIRE and 4* availability for your dates is limited and expensive.

4* USW $282

4* USE $289

4.5* Embarcadero $412

Price is similar for all four days, first two days alone, or last two days alone.

Unless those prices come down you're probably going to have to raise your limit, try other zones, or try for another quality rating.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]