Priceline Hotel: 4* new york city

moesky
By moesky,
in

Could you help me w/ zones. It seems PL"s zones aren't the same for naming your price vs. other.

Help .Also I saw a list of possible hotels in 4 * areas. Could You please tell me or list again an updated list. My dates are 7/16/2007 thru 7/18/2007.

I am willing to go up to $200.00 per nt. including fees & taxes.

looking at MTW & MTE.

4*

If you bid more, (I see winning bids from$111 - $180 on PL) are you more likely to get a nicer hotel. If so I might be willing to bid higher( for example Westin times square vs. the W NY)

Before suggesting a strategy for MTE and MTW... is there a reason you're avoiding the UM/CPS zone? This zone is usually just as good for the average visitor and it including it (as well as the MTS zone if you're interested in that area) will not only give you more bidding opportunities, but also increase the number of potential hotels that could accept your bid.

Thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am new and need some help with PL on a 4* hotel. I want to be between 6th ave on the East ; Central Park South on the north; Broadway on the West and 40th st on the south. I am willing to bid up to or above $200 but would prefer a nicer hotel. A true 4-5*. If I bid more, does it mean that I will get a better (more expensive) hotel or am I really kind of bidding against myself. I notice discrepencies between 4* and 3* hotels between trip adviser and PL. Also if I have special requests such as Anniversary, No Smoking room, and King Bed how do you handle. Thanks for your help.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

I want to be between 6th ave on the East ; Central Park South on the north; Broadway on the West and 40th st on the south.
You can't be this specific with the location of your hotel... your hotel can be anywhere within the shaded region of the pre-defined priceline zones. If you look at those zones, which area(s) are you will to accept, and can you accept a hotel anywhere within that shaded region?
I am willing to bid up to or above $200 but would prefer a nicer hotel. A true 4-5*. If I bid more, does it mean that I will get a better (more expensive) hotel or am I really kind of bidding against myself.
See this thread: Don't Bid Higher for a Specific Hotel
Also if I have special requests such as Anniversary, No Smoking room, and King Bed how do you handle.
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks,

I decided MTE is not an area we want (some hotels further east than we want). I would like help on which areas to bid in and where to start. MTW, UM/Cps, and UEs (no 4*) are what I should start with . Is that correct? I want 4* . dates are 7/16-7/18.Will go to $200.00. Am I correct that UES doesn't have 4*? What are the 4* hotels in UWS?

Before bidding i think you need to get a better handle on re-bidding... have you seen and/or read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained?

Please read the previous link and let us know if you can figure out your two re-bid zones; if not feel free to ask any questions or if you are confused let us know and we'll break it down further, step-by-step, for you.

I think I've got it. I want 4* in MTW or UM/CPS and am prepared to go to Around $200.00, for 7/16-7/18.

Is it too early to bid? I do have a backup reservation good until day of arrival. Is this correct:

MTW Bid $90.00

MTW & UMT/CPS bid $95.00

MTW & UMP/CPS & UES (no 4*) 100.00

MTW & UMT/CPS & UES (no 4*) & UWS (No 4*) 105.00

IS THIS RIGHT? WHAT NEXT? DO I CONTINUE MIXING? WHY DO YOU CLOSE AND SRART OVER THE SAME WAY?

You have your two re-bid zones correct, but i think you're starting much too low.

I would suggest bidding as follows:

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

If the above is rejected, where and how much is your back-up reservation?

OK, scratch the above, didn't re-read the thread and assumed you were bidding the three zones that are most frequently bid.

Try the following:

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS and re-bid zone2...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $155.

Any questions feel free to ask.

I'm sorry for being so ignorant, but could you please explain what you mean by "re-bid zone 1; re-bid zone 2.

Also, do I not include UES & UWS as they don't have 4*?

Also, should I wait and bid closer to my dates 7/16- 7/18 to have a better chance of a lower price?

re-bid zone 1; re-bid zone 2.

Also, do I not include UES & UWS as they don't have 4*

A re-bid zone is one that only has star levels lower than the star rating your you're bidding. So:

re-bid zone1 = UES

re-bid zone2 = UWS

should I wait and bid closer to my dates 7/16- 7/18 to have a better chance of a lower price?
What if the lower prices are available today but are sold-out by the time you choose to bid?

Where and how much is your back-up.

With less than a week before your stay i'd increase to your maximum bid, you can try as follows:

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and re-bid zone2...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS and re-bid zone2...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $200.

If the above is rejected, i would also consider including the MTE zone in your bidding, but it is up to you how much you don't want this zone vs. how much you don't want to pay $200+ for a hotel room :)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]