Hotwire Hotel: St. Louis Hotwire areas--opinions?

joby
By joby,
in

We are considering stopping in the St. Louis area 1 night only on a Saturday. We would be coming in off of I-70 east. We would like to have a comp. breakfast and possibly pool/hot tub and budget is a consideration.

Are there more desirable areas around St. Louis that might fit our needs?

Hotwire has 5 different areas mapped. What area(s) might be a good choice on Hotwire, maybe even Priceline?

We would stop in the area early evening, do something that evening, get up early on Sunday, go into downtown St. Louis, go to the Arch and maybe look around downtown and head home on I-70 East around early afternoon.

I'd start by determining your budget and seeing what is available on HOTWIRE to see which zones are within your budget (or at least close).

Parking fees may also be a factor to consider if staying Downtown.

If you want a Complimentary Breakfast included HOTWIRE is probably a better choice (as well as if you're looking for a hot tub as this can't be guaranteed with either service, but HOTWIRE will at least enable you to make an educated guess before your purchase at which point you can see if that hotel offers a pool and/or hot tub)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We would like to stay under $75.

Downtown parking at the hotels adds to the price, that's for sure. We would probably spend a little more than $75 IF we could find a downtown hotel that had reasonable parking charges, breakfast and was centrally located. We want to visit the Cathedral, Arch and maybe Holocaust museum.

If we stay out in the suburbs, we would have free parking, but have time and gas added into our drive into St. Louis.

I saw Hotwire had a 3.5 * downtown hotel on August 11 for $95 + fees (Boutique, restaurant, fitness, business, hi speed internet). Is it the Omni possibly? If so, it has no breakfast and parking is $20.

It seems that the airport area is not near many things to do or places to eat.

Just trying to find a good happy medium between location and price, I guess :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]