Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach

DarSee
By DarSee,
in

I'm a newbee, I've read and read and I guess I'm dense. I can't figure out what "zones" I need to use to get the area for the Hilton Hawaiian Village using Priceline. Can you help. I have used priceline before for Miami and San Juan and apparently been "Lucky", cause I really don't know how I did it and won what I wanted, but this I can't figure out for some reason.

We need 2 rooms for 4 adults for 4 nights - September 27, 2007 to October 1, 2007 for pre-cruise stay and would like to stay in a nice resort or 4 star close to the beach or on the Waikiki Beach near most of the action. And of course we would like to get a great deal. The Hilton Hawaiian Village or the Embassy Waikiki Beach look pretty good to us. Can you help by suggesting a way of bidding or others and the "zone" placements?

Thanks for any help you might be able to send our way!

At the Resort and 4 star levels you have 5 re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort Waikiki Beach...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort Waikiki Marina...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort Waikiki Beach and Marina...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

If the above is rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Waikiki Beach...

Select 4* Waikiki Marina...

Select 4* Waikiki Beach and Marina...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

following your advise on bidding but I'm not sure that my re-bids are going through. It says try again, but it doesn't do the little thinking thing, it just comes back with try again and still says my original offer. I am getting emails back with my offer results. Should it the little processing thing happen ever time I add a few dollars. I looks like I could add $$ and bid 10 plus times or more? When I close my browser and come back in, it sometimes tells me I have a duplicate bid. I'm confused. I don't know if the web or computer is working right or if it's just me.

I have bid Hawaii, Honolulu, Resort, Beach zone first - 100 - 130 in $5 increases, then I added Marina zones and went from $120 to $150, in $5 increases, like you told me. I messed up and forgot to just go out and come back in and just check Marina zone first: all rejected. Was tired and frustrated so I went to bed. This was on Tuesday, 7/10.

Then last night I tried again. But sometimes it would tell me I had made a duplicate bid. I tried to bid as I did Tuesday but it just didn't seem as though it was taking anything. I read the site about re-biding, but it just didn't make any sense to me. Please advise.

If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.
I read the site about re-biding, but it just didn't make any sense to me. Please advise.

If there is something you don't understand you should ask for help before bidding.

List each zone available in Waikiki and the highest star rating available in each zone. To determine the highest star rating available in each zone, use the following approach from Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

If you're confused with the above post back and we'll try to break it down further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I understand the zone re-bidding, what I was having the problem with is the re-bidding of increasing the $$ up to five times. I don't know if it worked or not. Like bidding $100 and then when it said try again now, I entered $110 to increase my bid, but it didn't do the little thing with the arrows and say it was looking for my hotel. So, I tried again today, and backed out of my browers each time to increase the bid and it looks like that worked. I guess I just thought there was an easier way than having to re-enter my visa information and personal info every time I increased my amount. Thanks for your help.

Before today I was just increasing my bid and trying again. Now I am increasing my bid to my max but I am closing my browser and coming in again to increase my dollar amount up to my max. Then I close my browser and change my zone and dollar bid and when I retry each time to increase my dollar bid in the same zone, I close my browser and start over to increase the dollar bid.

Before today I was just increasing my bid and trying again.
That's not going to work.
Now I am increasing my bid to my max but I am closing my browser and coming in again to increase my dollar amount up to my max.
That's not going to work either.

I think you're making this a lot more work than it needs to be.

Let's back track...

You have 5 re-bid zones when bidding Resort in Waikiki. Do you know what your five re-bid zones are?

I thought I did, but maybe I don't cause to be truthful, I'm thinking they are zones 2 through 4?, but how can that be for a resort? Or is it the different areas (ie, airport, city, beach, marina, etc.) I guess I'm pretty stupid. Please be gentle. Sorry. But I did figure out that if I log in that all of my info is there, so that makes it easier.

You're not stupid.. just venturing into something new :)

The following zones make up the Oahu region on priceline:

Diamond Head Area

Executive Center

Honolulu Airport

Ihilani

Waianae

Waikiki Beach Area

Waikiki City Central

Waikiki Marina Area

Write each zone on a piece of paper and then list the highest star rating available in each area, using the following method from Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

One additional note, even though Resort is at the bottom of the star rating list, this is the hierarchy of star quality:

5*

Resort

4*

Boutique

3*

2.5*

2*

1*

So list the zones and the highest star rating available in each, we'll make sure you have it right and we'll take it from there.

So does that mean that my re-bid zones are those that do not have the "resort" rating, like Diamond Head?, Airport, City Center, etc.? I would back up my browser, add a zone like Diamond Head that doesn't have a resort listing along with my Beach listing and increase my $$ bid? Is that how I get the re-bids? I hope I've finally figured it out???? Sorry for being so dense!

So does that mean that my re-bid zones are those that do not have the "resort" rating, like Diamond Head?, Airport, City Center, etc.?

Yes, but it's not just zones that don't have Resort bidding, but also don't have 5* bidding (not currently applicable in this area since there is no 5* bidding offered, but just want to make sure you have it right in order to apply to future situations)

You have 5 such re-bid zones available, i'd encourage you to confirm them with the board before bidding to make sure you have them correct. As well, you should double check your re-bid zones before each bidding cycle to make sure nothing has changed (no hotels added/removed or upgraded/downgraded) since you previously looked. This is why we try to make sure that everyone understands rebidding rather than just "can't you just tell me the zones".

I would back up my browser, add a zone like Diamond Head that doesn't have a resort listing along with my Beach listing and increase my $$ bid?
You don't need to back-up your browser since if/when Priceline rejects your bid they give you the option to "try again by adding a zone or lowering your star level" and have all the zones re-listed there for you select and try again.

I think you're just about there :)

Won Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach - $159

four night Sept. 27- Oct. 1, 2007

Bid Resort Beach Area - $155,

Rebid zone - $156

Rebid zone - $157

Rebid zone - $158

Rebid zone - $159

Called hotel and asked for king, high room with a view. All rooms non smoking. No breakfast included. I'm a little nervous. I hope it's nice and worth the stress of bidding and waiting. Will report back when we return from our vacation.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]