Paris Hilton (the hotel) for 99 Euros

iahphx
By iahphx,
in

Anyone going to Paris in April might want to consider staying at this now-unfortunately-named hotel. The rate is only 99 euros including breakfast for many days in early/mid-April under their "Easter Offer" bookable, it seems, only at Hilton.com.

Hilton is also opening another hotel in Paris in late March by the Arc de Triomphe. The photos I've seen suggest it will be quite nice -- perhaps even more luxurious than the now somewhat-dated Paris Hilton. Last I checked, the "easter offer" wasn't good there (it is good at the airport and La Defense locations), but I've seen it pop up before, and would keep checking if you're interested.

FWIW, of the major chains, Hilton is the only one that offers exceptional "exclusive" promotions on its website for Paris. Certainly worth checking if you're headed that way.

If you were trying to match this on Priceline, the Hilton would be in the Eiffel Tower - Grenelle - Montparnasse zone.

The problem is that zone on Priceline extends way far south and west, beyond the Boulevard Peripherique (so I've read, but I find it hard to tell by the map), and I think at least one 4* hotel that shows up on Priceline in this zone is outside the Peripherique.

Even if you did get a cheaper price (iffy when considering fees and taxes) in this zone, you could end up located in a desolate no-man's-land type area. So direct booking definitely wins in this case.

That is a really excellent deal for this hotel, considering the cheapest prepaid rates for other dates are about 180 Euros per night.

Right, Will. I think a Sofitel on the Peripherique has come up in that zone for $100+ on priceline. Really no comparison in location to the Hilton a couple blocks from the Eiffel Tower. And I've never heard anyone get the Paris Hilton on priceline (not sure if it would be 4 stars or 5).

Just confirms my view that Priceline is OK for Parisian 4-stars, but just one of many possible options -- unlike in other cities, where priceline is usually MUCH BETTER than the alternatives.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]