Priceline Hotel: Tyler TX 6/30 Family of 4

NurseER
By NurseER,
in

Hi

I would like to start my bidding process today via Priceline for the Holiday Inn or the 3 Star hotel in Tyler, TX. When I did the hotel check for 3 star in Tyler, TX, Holiday Inn was the only 3 star hotel PL listed. The median is $99. Our dates are this coming Saturday, June 30th for 1 night with a family of 4. The dates are not flexible. Would a good starting bid be $55? If anyone has some advice for a newbie to doing this then your help is greatly appreciated!

We also need a rent a car in Tyler, TX for 24 hours. I've never rented a car through PL. National Car Rental shows an average of $23 a day without taxes at the TYR airport.

Thank you

Elizabeth

I just placed my first bid on a 3 star hotel in Tyler, TX for $55, and got the following reply:

We're sorry, but we can't accept your offer of $55 for a hotel room in the Tyler, TX area. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number xxxxxxxxxxx.

To try your request again, change one or more items with a check.

Can you select additional star levels?

3-Star Upscale

Few points...

You need to change one of the following:

-lower your star rating

-change your check-in date

-change your check-out date

-add another zone (not applicable in this case)

Otherwise you need to wait 24 hours before your can bid again. The reason for the "lock-out" is to prevent a user from bidding $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, etc, etc, until they are accepted.

I'll also remind you that priceline only guarantees double occupancy, after that it is at the discretion of the hotel.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Booking the Holiday Inn directly is $99 and up. In fact, I'm getting ready to place another bid for Tyler, TX right now, and I will post my results. As far as last weekend, we ended up staying in the Comfort Suites which was AWESOME! We booked it on our own as a "web special" for $89.99. It was a great hotel. We are heading back tomorrow to pick up the kids and need another night's stay in Tyler, TX.

Hotwire shows one 2.5 star hotel, and one 2 star hotel available.

Elizabeth

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]