Hotwire Hotel: Boston 9/15-9/19

abqdeb
By abqdeb,
in

I got an offer for 3* Back Bay-Copley- Boutique, restaurant, internet, business center for $106. Dates are Sept. 15 to Sept 19. Seems like a good deal, but can't figure out the hotel and I know there are some dicey areas of Back Bay. It also says it has 3 out of 5 stars on Tripadvisor. Any ideas? Do you think we should wait till closer to Sept to try?

This property has not yet been identified. If i were to take a shot i think the Copley Square Hotel would be a good guess, but no evidence of this and i'm just trying to figure out the picture with a few pieces of the puzzle, so don't have a high degree of confidence.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any bookings you make.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Could it be the "Chandler Inn" which more or less in the South End (though still in "Back Bay" according to HW). They do bill themselves as a Botique hotel. Checking their website rooms can be had for those dates for a total of $636 + taxes. Interestingly, this comes out to the $106 the OP was quoted on HW.

One way to confirm/rule out the Chandler Inn would be to select 2 Adults and 2 Kids from HW (I forget if it's HW or PL that allows this option). Chandler Inn does not have any rooms that will accomodate this arrangement (they're smaller rooms with either one Full, one Queen or two Twin beds).

• 2 weeks later...

The HOTWIRE price i'm showing for this property is $179/nite which appears to be very expensive for a 2.5* rated hotel (i haven't looked at current rates elsewhere, but is nearly twice as much as the 3* in this same zone that you asked about in your first post)... is spending this much for a 2.5* property a real possibility?:)

Is this the only zone you're willing to stay in? What exactly are you looking for from this stay, as i would think there are likely better options/values if you're flexible at all.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We'd prefer to stay in the Back Bay/Copley area if possible. I think that first offer was for the Copley Square Hotel and the reviews were awful so I didn't take it. Trying to keep the price under $200. I've been bidding on Priceline with no success. I know that I have to wait to the last minute with Priceline, but I need a back up plan. I thought if I could figure out the 2.5 * hotel, I could check their website directly to make a cancellable res. I've tried Amerisuites, Country Inn, Hilton Express, etc.. but no location in Back Bay for those.

All other suggestions are much appreciated!

I thought if I could figure out the 2.5 * hotel, I could check their website directly to make a cancellable res

Since there is little correlation with the HOTWIRE price and the rate directly thru the hotel's website, what would be the point of choosing this 2.5* property as your back-up hotel? Why wouldn't you try to find an acceptable hotel with the lowest rate?

Actually some of the hotwire prices I've found are only $10-15 less than the hotel website. For that difference, I would certainly go through the hotel site for the convenience of being able to cancel. I have used HOTWIRE several times, and when the offer is really good (and I can ID the property), I jump at it. So far, that has not been the case with Boston.

Thank you though, as this website is my only means of identifying the hotels.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]