MEM Memphis Midsize Hertz

pterrell
By pterrell,
in

After getting the purchase confirmation from Hotwire, I did a dope slap. I checked the AAA website and found that I could get the same car for about $10 less. I was really kicking myself as I had a last minute delay of my trip for a couple of days.

I called the reservation desk and was told that my reservation was good for up to 48 hours after the pickup time, but that it would end at the set drop-off time and that I would be charged for the extra days.

When I got to the Hertz location, the agent said that he could not honor the paid reservation past 24 hours. I insisted that was not what I was told and he ran it past his manager. The manager also insisted the policy was 24 hours, but told the agent to run it through and see what happed. The agent was surprised to find that the reservation was good and that when I extended out the two days, that that was honored as well.

So, I'm thankful that everything worked out in the end...

5 day(s) @ $25.95 per day $129.75

Tax recovery charges and fees $35.67

Car subtotal $165.42

Total

Includes all applicable tax recovery charges and fees. Prices are in US dollars. $165.42

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]