PL warning on duplicate hotel bids

betsybug
By betsybug,
in

This week I bid on two hotels in different cities for the same night on PL. First I won a bid for a Houston hotel for my husband and me on my PL account. Then I starting bidding on a Detroit airport hotel in my name for my daughter for the same night in my name. We are checking her in for that hotel before we fly to Houston.

When I put my travel date in for the Detroit hotel I got a warning message from PL that was something like this:

"Do you know that you have already booked a hotel for this same night? Do you want to continue."

I can't remember if the message noted that the first hotel was in a different city.

I clicked to continue and the bid proceeded normally.

The lessons are:

1. Ignore the warning on duplicate booking.

2. PL will let you bid on one PL account for more than 1 hotel per night even if it is a different city.

I've never heard of this warning coming up before when you bid the same city for the same night. That happens all the time when you want to add more rooms to your travel party. Maybe it just comes up as a friendly reminder when you book in different cities for the same night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]