WI Madison Radisson West

vayla
By vayla,
in

We stayed here on 6/18/07 on a bid of $45.

PROS: Good location right off state highway 12, easy drive to downtown Madison. Immediately adjacent to a bike path, which we liked because we were bicycling in Madison. Nice size room with comfortable bed and pillows. Free wifi and wired internet access, free breakfast (cold cereal, bagels, toast, fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs, bacon, juice) in the attached "Basie's" restaurant. Pool, fitness center, free parking. Nearby shopping and restaurants. Overall a reasonably nice hotel.

CONS: Low flow showerhead was clogged and barely emitted any water at all. Room showed some signs of wear. Toaster at breakfast was broken.

• 4 months later...

I, like Vayla, got the room for $45 for Sun-Thur, then $56 for a Friday night. I stayed in late October, 2007.

PROS: Nice, quiet, comfortable room. Bed (sleep number bed) was downright luxurious. Starbucks for the in-room coffee maker. Room very clean every day. Linens were replaced daily (despite the hotel's signs saying they would conserve, if I was staying more than 3 days, by not washing daily -- and I would've actually preferred if they hadn't, but I think they weren't busy, so they did). The Wifi was great, and there's even a printer available, though I didn't use it. Breakfast was excellent, every day (scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, etc), right down to the jazz music piped in. Front desk was great about moving me to a second floor room, for safety. Housekeeping staff very friendly. In room safe is free to use (only charge is if you don't return the key), and will fit a laptop computer.

CONS: The hotel is 2 stories, but LONG. There's only one elevator. I was glad I was not on the backside, which looks out over a car lot, with lots of lights. I never did try the pool or hot tub, mainly because the hot tub didn't look like it had much "flow" to it. My biggest problem with this hotel was that the manager didn't seem happy that he was hosting a Priceline customer. They had me checking out on Friday, not Saturday and, when I went to get it corrected, he initially acted like he couldn't help me.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]