Willing to bid to $179/night

Currrently have backup reservation vai hotel's website as follows:

Thursday, August 16 $139

Friday, August 17 $199

Saturday, August 18 $299

Sunday, August 19 $199

Current price listed on hotel website is $219/night

I see Sikes got $125 per night for 7/8 - 7/12

I don't expect to get that low of a price since that's a Sun-Thurs and I'm looking at a Thur-Sun

Previously put in bids of $139-$149-$159-$169...all rejected and lowest offer was $214/night.

Is it better to wait awhile?

Thanks.

I would be willing to split bidding, but I assume that would involve different bid strategies for different days. Any suggestions on how to break it up and how much to bid? Seems like I should be able to get $125 for Thursday 8/16, or is that too low given it's only one night? I know Sikes got that rate, but their stay is for 4 nights. If I want to average $179 per night, I'm not sure how to break up the others. Should I set targets for each night like -- Thur. 8/16 $129, Fri. 8/17 $179, Sat. 8/18 $229, Sun 8/19 $179 -- for an avg of $179?

I want to average $179 per night

Your current average is $209/nite. What happens if you split your bid and are successful for some nites of your stay, but unable to be successful for others (at prices which would bring your average over $179). If that 'average rate' is firm you may end up with non-refundable reservations for a few nites of your stay and failed bids for the other nites.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The more I thought about it, I don't think splitting my bid is good. My reservation says "any changes could results in higher charges". The nights I have reserved at $199/night are at $239 on the hotel's website with the same offer for the same dates as of today. I think if I bid I need to keep them together. I tried bidding earlier today starting at $135 and kept re-bidding up to $170 in increments of $5 until I ran out of zones to add and got rejected each time. Priceline offer was $207 per night for 4 nights Aug. 16-20.

If I can't get $179 with priceline, then I'll keep my avg $209/night reservation with Venetian for now and keep checking back as I saw that price on their website within past week for those dates...I just didn't think it would go away before I had a chance to cancel my other reservation and get back to it.

So why not make new reservations at the Venetian:

1) the first nite of your stay (Thursday)

2) the next two nites of your stay (Friday and Saturday... since it's tough to get a Saturday check-in at the Venetian)

3) the last nite of your stay (Sunday)

Then cancel your existing reservation.

Then you can try bidding priceline for any or all of the nites together and individually... if/when you have any success for any nite(s) you then cancel the hotel-direct reservation for those nite(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates on Venetian's website have gone up since I booked.

Here's a comparison using best prices I can find as of today splitting up Thursday, Fri & Sat, & Sunday into 3 different reservations:

Date------------------My Reservation price-------------Current hotel web price

Thur. 8/16-----------$139--------------------------------$139

Fri. 8/17-------------$199--------------------------------$259

Sat. 8/18------------$299--------------------------------$259

Sun. 8/19------------$199------------------------------- $219

Average--------------$209-------------------------------$219

So if I book 3 reservations they are going to charge my credit card with 3 nights right away (1st night of each reservation is charged at the time of booking) vs. I have only been charged for the $139 at this point. It doesn't seem to make sense to cancel the original reservation at this point, but maybe I see what priceline can do on Fri/Sat and based on the price I get back I can make a determination whether to split it up, if I think I'll get a better overall average.

Tried bids on Priceline today for Venetian for Friday, Aug 17 and Saturday, Aug18th.

Started bidding at $165/night -- Rejected and Priceline offer was $296/night

Upped bid to $170/night -- Rejected

Upped bid to $175/night -- Rejected

Upped bid to $180/night -- Rejected

Upped bid to $185/night -- Rejected

Upped bid to $190/night -- Rejected

Upped bid to $195/night -- Rejected

Upped bid to $200/night -- Rejected

Doesn't make sense for me to bid much higher than that with the current reservation I already have in place.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried again today on savingsbarn.com for Priceline Hotels 5* (Venetian) for Thursday, Aug 16th - Sunday Aug 20th.

Started bidding at $159/night -- Rejected and Priceline offer was $250/night

Added zone and upped bid to $165/night -- Rejected

Added zone and upped bid to $170/night -- Rejected

Added zone and upped bid to $175/night -- Rejected

Added zone and upped bid to $180/night -- Rejected

Added zone and upped bid to $185/night -- Rejected

Added zone and upped bid to $190/night -- Rejected

I'll keep trying....maybe a block of rooms will be released as we get closer to those dates.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried again today on savingsbarn.com for Priceline Hotels 5* (Venetian) for Thursday, Aug 16th - Sunday Aug 19th.

Started bidding at $155/night -- Rejected and Priceline offer was $279/night

Added zone and upped bid to $160/night -- Rejected

Added zone and upped bid to $165/night -- Rejected

Added zone and upped bid to $170/night -- Rejected

Added zone and upped bid to $175/night -- Rejected

Added zone and upped bid to $180/night -- Rejected

Added zone and upped bid to $185/night -- Rejected

Added zone and upped bid to $190/night -- Rejected

Added zone and upped bid to $195/night -- Rejected

I will try a time or two more between now and 8/15.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]