NJ Princeton Westin

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Probably one of the better branded hotels in the area but overall just 'ok'.

Check-in was a little slow due to the clerk being new and in the process of training (knew at that point i wouldn't be getting any 'freebies' i'm not entitled to :) ) but no problems. Assigned room 493 which was a looong walk from the elevators and overlooks an outdoor courtyard.

Room was unique in the sense that it had two connecting doors, one on each side. In all the hotels i've stayed in i can't recall having a room having connecting doors on both sides of it! Not as clean as it should have been due to a bottle cap on the floor under the desk as well as a sticky pen. Desk chair was a little frayed, but again, perfectly acceptable given my needs and expecations.

Other family members had a different room (2 Queens) and their complaint was that there was no phone or alarm clock on the nitestand separating the two beds... so needed to get out of bed to shut off alarm or answer phone. This wasn't a problem in our King room since we had an alarm clock and cordless phone next to the bed.

Bathroom area with toilet and tub was VERY large and a lot of 'dead space' in there. Sink was outside this room and was sufficient, although the bathroom door opened outward so you always had to be careful when leaving the bath area in case somebody was at the sink (very stupid planning from an architectural point of view).

Local calls were $1 per 60 minutes and .10/minute thereafter. Toll-free calls were $2.

A few outlet stores in the immediate area which appear to be dying. A local told me they are trying to convert the street level stores into professional offices and have apartment rentals on the second level... we'll see if they're successful.

Overall an ok stay and i usually favor the Westin brand for their heavenly beds and this one was no exception. Next time in the area i'd be willing to stay here at $50/nite, but would once again try for a 2.5* or 3* for under $35/nite first as this Westin is soon due for a needed renovation. On that same note, i hear the Princeton Hyatt is currently undergoing room renovations.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]