Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA)

cookiedude
By cookiedude,
in

I am a rookie at priceline.com Enjoy reading everyone's comments and experiences...hoping it will help. First time bidding for a hotel. I'm attending the NRA (restaurant..not riffle!) show weekend of May 22nd. Busy weekend in Chicago, especially for NMA. Any tricks to getting a 4* hotel as a good deal? any help is appreciated

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is that 5/22-5/24 or longer/shorter? Are you only willing to accept the NMA zone or are there other zones you'll consider.

Once i know your exact dates and if that's the only zone you'll accept i'll provide a bidding strategy.

Also, please take a look at Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and ask any questions that you may have, as any strategy we use in this area will include re-bidding opportunities.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates seem pretty high for this weekend.

Hopefully you read and understood the info about re-bidding, but if you have any questions please ask (or confirm your re-bid zones with us to avoid any mistakes).

When bidding 4* NMA you have 4 re-bid zones available, when bidding 3* NMA you have 2 re-bid zones.

I would start as follows:

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $100

I don't think i'd bid 3* just yet unless we're already at or above your maximum bid (ie- how much you're willing to pay)

I'd try the above first and then report back with your maximum bid information and how much you feel you need to 'get this done' quickly. Since rates are somewhat high for these dates i'd also recommend booking a cancellable back-up.

Let us know how it goes or ask any add'l questions.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]