Priceline Hotel: 2* Boston Southeast Suburbs (Raynham-Middleboro) Extended StayAmerica

shannongreen
By shannongreen,
in

I have used Priceline frequently in the past and have generally been pleased but this time am confused and unhappy about it.

I was wanting to stay in the Plymouth Massachusetts area and bid once unsuccessfuly in that area and then selected a nearby zone (Middleborough-Rayhnam) and was not successful than attempted a third bid where I went down to a 2 star and tried to deselect Middleborough (Just wanted Plymouth). Anyway my $50 bid was accepted and it was a Extended Stay American in Norton Massachusetts. I looked on their area map with details for Middleborough/Raynham and Norton is shown as outside the selected shaded area. I do not want to stay in Norton (and I am not happy about the ESA either as that is not a hotel but I have had this happen before and just accepted it), that is not the area I wanted nor what I selected even if Middleborough remained a selection.

I called immediately and told what happened and the first person said that she would be able to extend the cancellation policy (meaning I could cancel and pay entire cost or rebid and if successful pay a $25 change fee). I said I was not sure what I wanted to do and needed to check with my spouse and could I call back in a few minutes. She said yes and would make a note of it. I looked up their map again and then did a mapquest map and compared and then called back. The person I talked to agreed with me and said that Norton was outside of the shaded area and that it was an error, she would report it so they could fix the website and that she would forward it on to Customer Relations. I asked if it would be cancelled and she said that given it was out of the area I should not have to pay for the reservation but that she could not cancel it, Customer Relations could. I was also told I should receive an email with 5 business days.

I called back today and was told that my request had NOT been forwarded to Customer Relations on Wednesday (that she must have accidentally gotten out of the screen before doing that...) and he then sent a request and forwarded my call to Customer Relations. The first person I talked to said the hotel was in the shaded area even though its address was listed as Norton and therefore would not be able to cancel or refund. I said that from what I could see, on their map Norton was shown as outside the selected area and when I looked on Mapquest it was not in the area either. He said he could not do anything as it was in the area. I asked that the two others said it was not and it should be able to be cancelled. He said they were mistaken and that it would not. I asked if there was someone else I could contact regarding this matter since he said he could not resolve it. He said he would talk to his supervisor. After being on hold he came back and said his supervisor said the same thing and that I was out of luck. He then said I could email the executive office. I said that I would prefer to talk to someone as my reservation was for Saturday and I was concerned about getting a resolution to this. He said use the email and was hanging up. I called back again to get the email, and the first person in Customer Relations who got my call put me on hold then we got disconnected. I called back again and was told the same thing. I am now trying to find what email to send my complain to.

I have filed a complaint with my credit card company (given services I paid for are not what I am getting). I have a feeling I am fighting a losing battle but wanted to know if anyone had any advice for who to email and what else to do.

I would also appreciate suggestions for how to read their area maps in the future as I find it to be confusing.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and I apologize for the long post,

Shan

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Unfortunately for your situation priceline is correct in this instance, as this hotel is located within the shanded boundary of the (Raynham-Middleboro) zone. This property is located at 280 South Washington St which if you click the previous link you'll see is just south of Winnecunnet Pond (next to Bay Rd). Then compare that to priceline's zone boundary for this area you'll see that the area just south of this pond is included in the zone.

I do understand your confusion, as the city name 'Norton' is shown to the left of the boundary, but that is the 'epicenter' and apparently the eastern most corner of the city limit is included in pricelne's (Raynham-Middleboro) zone.

Whenever priceline shows a map of the area, you can't go by the name of the zone, as the shaded boundary is the deciding factor.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, I'm familiar with this area because my daughter goes to Wheaton College in Norton and we visit frequently. We stay at the Holiday Inn near the Extended Stay property. The Holiday Inn is excellent. It has a pool and fitness center and rooms are really nice.

Anyway, in all honesty the Extended Stay really feels like it is in Taunton. Definitely not Norton.

I really don't like the way priceline has this area zoned. It's just way too broad. Because of that I have the Holiday Inn preferred customer card and just work with that and earn points (Also, they always put us on the top floor in their "Priority Club" which is a nice gesture).

As for unchecking the Middleboro zone... I think you have to close your browser and start over again for that to work.

At least the price you got was good.

Thanks for your input, I greatly appreciate it. I should not have that area selected in the first place as it is so broad (the map is misleading and I am HORRIBLE at maps). I just wish there was a way I could sell this room or something rather than just having to eat the loss.

Thanks again,

Shan

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]