Hotwire Hotel: 4* Miami (South Beach) Royal Palm Crowne Plaza

crh
By crh,
in

Will be staying in South Beach and will need 2 rooms since we will have 2 teens with us. Would prefer a resort since rates should be lower when we will be there (Aug. 1, 2 and 3). Want oceanfront, good pool and large hotel. What chances would I have getting a resort that time of year for under $75.00? Are all 4* hotels oceanfront? How low could I go for a 4*?? Thanks for you help - so glad I found this websight!!

I'd be doubtful you could get a resort for under $75... that's usually the low end of the range for 4* and Resort level bidding; but you could always try.

At 4* and Resort levels there is no guarantee that you will be on the beach. If that's your primary concern i would check Hotwire as with their icons you can be certain if the hotel is on the beach (or at least has beach access). It may cost you a bit more than Priceline, but at least you will be sure of getting what you really want.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 4.5* says resort, beachfront, resturant, pool, fitness, business center, spa, children activities, and the 4* says beachfront, resturant, pool, fitness center, laundry and today the price is $68.00 not $90.00. The 4.5* is still at $189.00. Do you know what hotels these might be? Thanks

Look beyond the first post in HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST FLORIDA (about 3-4 posts down) under the Miami section.

The 4.5* you describe seems to match the Loews while the 4* matches the Crowne Plaza. Of course you should double-check the above yourself and there could always be other hotels with the same exact star rating and amenities... but the above are pretty good guesses.

Let us know if you decide to do and how it works out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Used Hotwire last summer and it was the Crowne Plaza (4*). Nice hotel. On the beach. Good part of South Beach as its just north of Ocean Drive within short walking distance to all the action but not where its packed with traffic and extremely loud. It was only a few more $ when I booked for the 4.5 but we took the less expensive option. If the 4.5* is the Loews and the price is to your liking I would definitely book there. Didn't see the rooms but the resort looked beautiful. Great pool area on the beach. Let us know if you go that route.

best of luck

Decided to try Hotwire and the rate had gone up to $71.00 for the 4*. It turned out to be the Crown Plaza Royal Palm Resort just like everyone said it would be!! Booked 2 rooms for 3 nights and feel good about the decision. Now I am trying to get the Sonesta Resort on Key Biscayne for the 3 night before the Crown Plaza. Does Hotwire ever have that one? It looks like they don't since Key Biscayne is not on their map. I know priceline does but hear it is really hard to get??

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]