Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* DC (Dupont Circle-Embassy Row) Hilton Embassy Row

reedj
By reedj,
in

I need a DC hotel from 6/15 to 6/18.

I am most interested in: Dupont Circle, 3 star, $79. Amenities of: Fitness, Business, Restaurant, HSI.

Any ideas what this would be? It does not match anything on the Hotwire Hotel List here. Helix has the same amenities, but Helix is listed as a Boutique and with 3.5 stars. Doubletree and Hamilton Crowne Plaza show up with the identical amenities under Vacation Packages, but I would think these might be listed under a White House location rather than Dupont Circle. I would be very happy if this was Doubletree or Hamilton, but less happy if it was something else in Dupont Circle too far north.

Another possibility for me is White House, 3 star, $92. Amenities: Pool, Laundry, Restaurant. This seems to be the same hotel Autumn Sun is asking about below in the forum. Autumn Sun: have you booked this one yet? Like you, if it is the Holiday Inn on the Hill, I do not want that one.

Finally, the third option I am considering is White House, 3.5 star, $104. Amenities: Boutique, Business, Fitness, HSI, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby. From what is posted here, I have identified this for sure as Washington Court. This would be fine for me, save for the fact that this hotel has sofa-bed only Parlor rooms that I definitely want to avoid. Several posters below have asked whether hotwire gives Parlor Rooms at Washington Court, but I think this question has gone unanswered. Can someone who got a WC room from hotwire answer whether they have the parlor room?

Sorry that I have so many questions. I will definitely follow up with any information I learn, and book from the HOTWIRE link on this site, assuming that the info here leads me to go through with a hotwire booking.

I would think these might be listed under a White House location rather than Dupont Circle.
The Doubletree is located in the Dupont Circle zone. These amenities are quite common for a 'city' hotel, but that would be our best guess.
Can someone who got a WC room from hotwire answer whether they have the parlor room?
Doesn't say specifically, but this user's experience at the Washington Court doesn't seem to have been given a parlour room.

Since you appear to be most interested in the Dupont Circle zone, and have asked about a $100+ hotel in another zone... did you see the 4* hotel in the Dupont Circle zone for $99? (believed to be the Omni Shoreham based upon a match in the Hotwire Hotel List)

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the helpful reply. I may give the first one (3 star in Dupont Circle) a try, and hope that it is the Doubletree as you guess. If I do, I will post results here.

I am not sure why you infer from the review that you pointed me to that Washington Court does not give parlor rooms on HOTWIRE. The guy said he was happy with his room, and it had plenty of work space. I would imagine that would be true of a parlor room if the sofa bed was folded up.

I had also concluded that the 4 star $99 option (now $102) in Dupont Circle that you pointed me to is certainly the Omni Shoreham. The amenities match perfectly, the spa amenity is a dead giveaway, and there are other postings which confirm this. And it sounds like a very nice hotel. However, it is too far north for my taste, out of walking distance from where I want to be downtown, so I definitely do not want this hotel.

I am not sure why you infer from the review that you pointed me to that Washington Court does not give parlor rooms on HOTWIRE. The guy said he was happy with his room, and it had plenty of work space. I would imagine that would be true of a parlor room if the sofa bed was folded up.

You could be right, but the way "parlour rooms" are often asked about they appear to be dreaded and obviously this user was quite pleased with his/her room... so i took a leap that his room was 'regular'.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Of the options I listed previously, I chose .... none of the above!

Instead, a new option popped up on hotwire, and I booked it. The details:

6/15-6/18, 3.5 star, $75, Dupont Circle

amenities: Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, HSI, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby

Looking at vacation packages (as I learned to do on this site) I found a perfect match with Hilton Washington Embassy Row, and with only this hotel. I booked it, and indeed that is what it was.

I booked using the HOTWIRE link provided here. It is the least I can do for this very helpful site. Thanks.

Congratulations on your success.

Glad to hear that you found something which suits your needs and that you're happy with the results.

We're always happy to hear that the board has been helpful... thanks for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Have a great stay in DC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]