Priceline Hotel: 3* Indianapolis (North-Fishers) Sheraton

tttaba
By tttaba,
in

This is the weekend of the Formula 1 race at the Indianapolis Speedway and by this time most hotels are booked solid. The going rate was about $300 to $500 for similar hotels. Kinda lucky to get any hotel at all.

Check-in: June 15

Check-out: June 17

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $120.00

Number of rooms: 2

Number of nights: 2

Subtotal: $480.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $84.20

Total Charges*: $564.20

I started out bidding in downtown for 3* and 4* and was rejected up to $165.

Then I started bidding in North - Fishers for 3* with a starting starting bid of $45 and increasing by $10 or $15 each time.

I finally got two rooms in the Sheraton for $120 per room per night. The problem was that I needed room for 6 people in total. I called the hotel right away and found out that I was given a smoking room with one queen bed. They (the hotel) charged me an extra $25 per room per night to switch to a non-smoking room with a king bed and a pull-out double sofabed.

Is there any way in which I could get a room change without paying? Two weeks ago I went to New York with some friends who got a hotel (Embassy Suites) through priceline for about $220 per night (price was high due to canadian holiday). My friend called about the room and had it switched from a room with one king bed to a room with two double beds and a pull-out sofa for no charge. I'm just wondering if the staff at the sheraton saw me coming.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]