Hotwire Hotel: 3* Myrtle Beach (North) Sands Oceanfront Resort

unc1acc
By unc1acc,
in

I received this from Hotwire for a 5/31 night stay in Myrtle Beach

3* Resort in Myrtle Beach with the following (for $54/night)

Amenities: Resort, Beachfront, Oceanfront, Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Kitchenette, Spa Services, Children's Activity Program

The Property was the Sands Ocean Club

I have NO idea how this place got 3*. The room was filthy. The kitchen and bathroom areas were completely moldy and dirty. There was used toilet paper left in the bathroom. I slept in my clothes and didn't dare touch the comforter or blanket.

I called the first night and asked for a ironing board and iron since for some reason, my room was missing them. I was told to call back in the morning, so I did. Then, I had to wait 1 hour before I called again and asked to just come get in myself. Keep in mind, I needed to press my suit for a job interview. Finally, the iron/board was brought to my room with very little time to spare.

Stay AWAY from the Sands Ocean Club Resort.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for sharing your experience with the rest of us. Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the property, but thanks for posting to 'warn' others of this property in the future (and helping them ID it to avoid it :) )

You may want to add some of your comments to the Hotel Reviews section of the forum so it'll be seen by more people once this page makes its way off the front page of this forum.

If you're willing to try the opaque providers in the future, feel free to post on the board and ask for help, we can try to help you avoid truly unknown properties and hopefully a better experience.

Thanks again for posting and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]