Baby with own portacot

planetjag
By planetjag,
in

This may be a stupid question, I don't know. My wife and I will be traveling with our 7 month old baby. We will have a portacot with us. Is it safe to book hotels through priceline given the fact that the booking is only really for two people?

We'll be visiting Seattle and San Francisco if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Jonathan

In seattle i don't think it will be much of an issue, probably not an issue in San Francisco. With a baby so small the only issue i could see is if the room is so small that it couldn't accomodate a port a crib. It's a risk you'll have to be willing to accept, or use HOTWIRE where you can select triple occupancy.

Once you know the hotels you will be staying at (thru the opaque services or not) i would advise calling each to see if they have their own cribs or port-a-cribs... they can be very heavy to travel with and simply easier if the hotel is able to provide.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the response. We've got a Phil & Teds T2 cot which is much smaller & lighter than regular portables. As we'll spend the rest of our trip with an assortment of family and friends in various parts of Canada & England we felt having our own would be a better option.

If the main risk is just that the room will be too small, then I think I'm happy to take the chance. We'll probably be trying for 4* (maybe 3*) so hopefully they'll be a reasonable size and like I said, the T2 cot is smaller than most.

Now, off to bid & post my results in the forums.

jonathan

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]