Priceline Hotel: NYC bidding for Thanksgiving weekend - any success

OysterHo
By OysterHo,
in

What is the minimum star rating you're seeking?

The Wed will be the difficult date of this stay and i'd book something as a cancellable back-up as soon as possible. You can book a 1BR suite at the Beekman Tower for $253/nite and the reviews are very good.

Once that is reserved and we know the 'price to beat'... is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? Would staying in Jersey City (NJ... with an easy commute into Manhattan) an option if you could save you a significant amount of money?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would like 4* (or 5* but I don't see that as likely). I'm not set in stone with Wednesday, so if it's difficult, we could just book Thurs, Fri, Sat.

The beekman sounds very reasonable though. Thank you for that.

Splitting a bid wouldn't be good, too much aggravation if we have to change hotels. Staying in Jersey wouldn't be good either as we're taking my 21 y.o. stepson and he's not city savvy and has never been there. I could see getting a phone call at 3:00 am asking for a ride back into Jersey! :eek:

No, not yet. I was reading the reviews and running it by my s.o.

We're not committed yet to going unless it's financially feasible. I just wondered if it's possible to get inexpensive rooms in NYC on that holiday weekend.

When I get the thumbs up, I'll book Beekman and come back here :) Do you know if the bedroom is actually a separate room from the living room w/sofa bed there? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks!

Just for the heck of it I pulled up HOTWIRE and got this 3 nights on 11/22/07:

3.5* MTS Boutique, Fitness, Business, Internet

No mention of breakfast as described in your hotwire hotel list though. Is it Morgan's Ian Schrager? What does VP stand for in your list, btw?

I got a price of $192/night and that hotel looks gorgeous!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]