Priceline Hotel: Help - 3* 06/16-06/20 Nearby Newyork, $45-$60

humble
By humble,
in

Hi, I am reaching New York on 06/13 and going to Washington and coming back to NY on 06/16 and will be there till 06/20.

I need a good location where I can easily commute to all the places/attractions in NY. I heard that rental car is not required or will be expensive to park and hindrance to see all places. Please let me know whether it is good to take a rental or car commute via Metro.

We are okay to commute for 30-40 mins to reach NY every day.

My budget is $45-$60.

Thanks

Your budget isn't close enough to getting a hotel directly in Manhattan.

There are a few issues with your request above...

Your budget may (or may not) be enough for the Secaucus-North Bergen or the Meadowlands-Rutherford area, but not every hotel is that close to a bus stop. Most are near a bus stop that the average person could walk there (but if it rains it's another story), some hotels have shuttles which will take you to a nearby bus/train, and at others you may be on your own. So while most of the zone is 'fine', there may be a hotel or two that would make the commute somewhat inconvenient (in terms of getting to the mass transit location).

The other issue is getting to this zone without a car... if you're traveling from DC by bus, getting to the hotel would be just as easy/difficult (depending upon which hotel you receive) as getting home from NYC; getting to this area from an airport can be timely or expensive (depending which option you choose to take).

Also, are you looking for one room or two?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks.

I know my budget is low. I decided to take a rental car from Enterprise for $200 for all 7 days.

I am looking for 1 room with 2 double beds.

I understand that getting a hotel near bus stop or metro will be difficult with my budget. Can you give me list of locations/hotels from most convenient to kind of convenient. I wouldn't go far locations which are not far from bus stops.

I am travelling with my father (65+), mother 55+ and my son (14 months), so nearby bus stop or metro would be good.

TIA

I am looking for 1 room with 2 double beds.
Be aware that you can't guarantee a room with two beds with priceline... you could receive a room with only one bed.
I wouldn't go far locations which are not far from bus stops.
I'm not sure i understand the purpose of this, as you won't be able to choose the actual hotel you will be receiving. The zone(s) i've mentioned in my previous post above are the most convenient, but there may be hotels in each zone which are not walkable to a bus stop. If you have a car and are will to drive to a bus stop (and possibly have to pay for parking for the day) then the zones above become a much more realistic option (although the occupancy factor may still be an issue)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

do all the hotels in NY or nearby NY charge parking fee

the low end of your bidding range ($45) is close to the daily parking fee charged by hotels in Manhattan. :) Prior to bidding, there is really no way to determine if the Hotel charges a parking fee. Some hotels in the Newark airport zone have a daily parking fee of around $10 while hotels in Secaucus have free parking. Some of the hotels in the outer boroughs like Queens or Brooklyn might charge for parking or have a limited number of parking spaces.

PS, NJ Transit has a reduced fare for riders who are 62+ with valid ID.

:) I don't want to be ripped by anybody, that's why I set my budget as $45-$60.

I was thinking of not to take car due to parking tickets in the attractions and nuisance trying to locate a parking lot. I thought of taking Bus from NY to Washington, DC. But I am traveling with my parents who won't be able to walk much and I have to drag my baggages from airport to Bus stop and from there to hotel, etc., Which will be pain, so I decided to spend $200 on rental car from 06/13 to 06/20. I am not getting any good deal if I book it only from 06/13 to 06/16 (NY to Washington DC).

If I have to shellout $20+ more for parking the $200 rental car per day for 5 days will be another $100 and I can't use the damn thing because of parking in NY and I have to pay commuting for all 4 of us.. Oh man...

So, if somebody can give me list of hotels/locations with the following parameters, it would be good.

1. Cheap ($45 - $60)

2. No parking charge or less charge ($10)

3. Nearby bus or Metro stop to avoid walking or hotels offering shuttle to bus or metro

4. Near by major attractions to avoid more commuting charges

:o That's all for now. :)

I think you're failing to remember that you're using an opaque provider for your booking... so you can't choose the specific hotel (nor can you choose "parking under $5/day", "walking distance to a bus stop", etc, etc)

You either have to accept the conditions that are set forth when using an opaque provider... or take your chances (as you are already doing with the occupancy issue).

If you dont' want to use the opaque providers, the list of possible hotels comes down to about zero, as traditional bookings in this area are clearly above the budget you list above.

Given your paramters i think the North Bergen-Secaucus area offers your best hope, but again, you're not guaranteed to meet all of your parameters... this is the trade-off for receiving a hotel at a fraction of its price if booked conventionally.

The NYC-centric hotels in NJ are on our Priceline Hotel Map so you can use that to get an overview of the area and distances.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]