Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (WDW) Gaylord Palms

flyinhigh
By flyinhigh,
in

I was going for a Resort, hoping for a Disney. On your hotel list page, you have ones listed for Orlando (Disney World Vicinity). Priceline has a section for Disney World Vicinity and Kissimmee among others. I wasn't hitting on ones with priceline's Disney World Vicinity so I (after raising my price) added Kissimmee assumming from your list that there weren't any resorts in Kissimmee.

My recommendation would be for this site to separate out the zones to be identical to pricelines. I feel your hotel list is a misleading (you both have "Disney World Vicinity" but yours includes more areas). I wouldn't have put that high of price (people I spoke to got $75 for Gaylord for same dates).

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the win.

The Priceline list on this board is generated from members' reported wins.

The actual Priceline map for Orlando (as with all PL zones)with zones is not fixed and does change over time.

This is why there are discrepancies between the two

PL actual zones at present:

Disney World Vicinity

Downtown Orlando

Kissimmee

Maitland - Altamonte Springs

Orlando Airport (MCO)

Orlando East

Sand Lake Corporate Park

Universal Studios - Sea World

West Disney Area

Winter Garden

Winter Park

The boards list

Orlando (Airport MCO)

Orlando (Disney World Vicinity)

Orlando (Downtown)

Orlando (Florida Mall)

Orlando (Kissimmee)

Orlando (Maitland - Altamonte Springs)

Orlando (Sand Lake Corporate Park)

Orlando (Universal Studios - SeaWorld)

Orlando (Winter Park)

From your bid details it seems you bid for a Resort in Disney World Vicinity and when that failed, you added Kissimee as a free rebid (it doesn't have a Resort level- there is no assumption about this) increased the bid, and won the Resort in Disney World Vicinity?

Surely your only mistake was bidding too high, which you then discovered by talking to people after you bid.

We're all here to help on the board and hopefully don't mislead anyone.

Feel free to ask questions about possible bid levels and strategies before you bid.

BTW

What was the web-site rate for you stay?

First, I wasn't unhapppy with the win. I had a wonderful vacation with my family and felt that I saved some money in the process. I guess I am not explaining myself clear enough and that's fine. I have no ill-will towards this site. I find it extremely useful and have used it many times before.

I was only commenting on the list of hotels and locations that you have for priceline. I realize that you have huge disclaimers that these are reported hotels won by members and all that and no crying allowed. I only recommend that you expand that list and include another category for Kissimmee as that is where the Gaylord Hotel is in in the priceline database. Currently on the list in betterbidding, you have the Gaylord under Disney World Vicinity. No worries, it is real close to Disney and a wonderful place.

The site had $185/night. I got it for $100/night. Someone by the pool got it for $75/night.

Also, I requested via email a atrium view adn they replied fine. I got there and the front desk showed that I used priceline. They said that they could only give me a atrium view for $30 extra/night. So there are disadvantages to using priceline.

Kissimmee as that is where the Gaylord Hotel is in in the priceline database. Currently on the list in betterbidding, you have the Gaylord under Disney World Vicinity
This would be incorrect... while the addresss of the Gaylord Palms is located in the city of Kissimmee, the hotel is located within the shaded boundary of priceline's Walt Disney Area zone; so the hotel list is correct in placing this property in the WDW zone.

You can't simply go by the name of the zone (Kissimmee, in this example) and assume that it includes the entire city limits... you really need to look at the boundaries of the zone to determine the possible locations of the hotel you will receive.

The site had $185/night. I got it for $100/night... They said that they could only give me a atrium view for $30 extra/night. So there are disadvantages to using priceline.
If you check the Gaylord website you'll see that atrium view rooms cost an extra $40/nite (so $30 is good price for an upgrade) compared to their standard rooms. If you wanted an atrium room you would have needed to reserve this type of room. Applying the $40/nite to the price you say the hotel was going for on your dates, an atrium view room would have cost $225/nite... if you had paid for the upgrade your cost would have been $130, still a significant savings, so i don't see the disadvantage in using priceline as you claim.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]