Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* NYC Airports (Brooklyn) Holiday Inn Express

alexocean
By alexocean,
in

Looking for something reasonable in quality in Manhattan/Brooklyn/Jersey City area for the period 6/4-6/10. There is going to be 4 of us, two double beds would work best. Any recommendations?

Do I understand correctly what in this case it's better not use priceline, since there is a chance to get a singe bed room?

Thanks

I would say 150-200$, may go slightly higher if get something really nice. Don't have a strict preferences about the location, but would prefer central part of Manhattan.

Do you know which 3* hotel is listed in Hotwire for 200$, is it Marriott?

Complimentary Breakfast

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

mahmi got Marriott for 127

Brooklyn Marriott on Priceline

would pay more for it conditionally on getting two double beds

the Brooklyn Marriott does not appear often as a priceline win. Is there any particular reason that you would stay in this neighborhood? Are you flying in for this trip? If so, what airport will you use? This seems a bit odd, but if you enter 2 adults the rate for the 3* in Brooklyn is $109 using HOTWIRE. This hotel appears to be the Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn. This must be the first 3* rated HI Express :).

No reason, I just didn't find anything reasonable in Manhattan, so I thought it's a good alternative. I'm flying to JFK, but would want to stay a little closer to the City (if possible).

Do you mean that it's probably Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn? I thought Marriott is the only 3* hotel in Brooklyn in Priceline, at least it doesn't list anything else for those dates. I am wondering if hotwire and priceline use the same star rating

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. Sorry for late response, was really busy with planning of the trip.

It does seem that hotwire was offering HI Express. Member sidharth17 confirmed getting it as a 3* hotel but for a much lower price (booking one month in advance though). I placed a bid of 80$ for a 2.5* hotel on priceline which was rejected, but was offered to increase it by 22$. 102$ was accepted and surely enough I got a HI Express (basically got two rooms for the price of one on hotwire).

So, HI Express qualifies as 2.5* hotel on priceline and as 3* hotel on hotwire!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]