Priceline Hotel: Need some help here..

pauljjeon
By pauljjeon,
in

Hi everyone

I just found this website and decided to use priceline.com for my next trip to Seattle. I'll stay in Seattle from 6/13/2007 to 6/18/2007 and thinking about 4* hotels(Seattle Downtown area). i've already got flight ticktets so..before to start bidding, I have two things to make sure of.

first, I know about rebidding system. What happens if i keep rebidding up to the limit of my budget and there's no hotel meet my criteria? Can I just quit bidding and try another site, such as hotwire.com? or i'll be charged?

and second, since I'm goin to stay in Seattle, how much would be the best bid on 4* hotels? I read some people got 2 nights staying at W for $120. I'm thinking $140 for 4* hotels in Seattle downtown area.

Any helpful answer about those questions will be appreciated.

Have a good day!

If no hotels accept, you are not charged and can try the same bids again in 24 hours to see if new inventory may be available.

If Hotwire has an offer that interests you, I'd strongly recommend going with it, as Hotwire offers can change (either a higher price or different hotel showing) or simply vanish at any time.

It all depends on the rates for your dates. If it is a slow period in Seattle, then you will likely find lower discount rates on Priceline and Hotwire. If a convention or other major event is taking place, you may find discount rates that are even higher than $140. It all depends.

Hotwire has a 4* in the downtown area for $154 and a 3.5* for $129 for your dates. The 4* appears to be a match for the Sheraton, while the 3.5* has not been identified yet.

If you were interested in one of these hotels, you could book through Hotwire (although please use the site's HOTWIRE link)

Otherwise, given these rates, I would think that a 4* in the downtown area will be possible for under your max. Board moderator thereuare will have a better idea than I would, but I would personally start bidding at $100 for a 4* in downtown and then work up from there.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You have eight re-bid zones when bidding 4* in Seattle. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]