Priceline Hotel: 4* Salzburg Renaissance Congress Center Hotel

darioc
By darioc,
in

hi guys.

im very new to this.

might need some help?

how do you post a question? is what im doing now ok?

im going to europe in 5 months.iv already bought a few things from HOTWIRE which have turned out good.

is it to early to start bidding for hotels? iv already started bidding without the link by mistake but il ensure il use it from now on.

all my bids have been unsuccesful so far i think its beacause i was bidding 50 and 60 dollers. how far up should i go?

also im bidding from australia. is that ok? in the address area i put alabama and a made up zip code. and also made up phone number.any suggestions?

all help is appreciated.

ok. im getting the hang of this

i dont mind spending a little extra for a five star hotel but if it means more than a quarter of the price i would probably stick with the 4*.

i got impatient the other day and jumped from a $40 bid to an $80 bid for Salzburg. i was successful in a getting a good reputable 4* star hotel. i was happy both with the price and the hotel.

so getting back to my original questions

il be in nice 15 sept 2-3 days

il be in vienna 29th sept 2-3 days

il be in rome early oct(dates flexible)

cinque terre (yet to decide dates)

what price should i start bidding? what prices should i stop bidding and restart bidding later (i ask this because ive read that prices and supply are always changing?

thanks for your patience

:) :) oops.... i forgot prices i expect to pay

not sure because prices are so different from each websites.

my max spend on a hotel is 90 - 100 + taxes US and thats pushing it. am i kidding myself?

another question that i have is why do some hotels have higher taxes. i noticed a 4*star hotel in london twice the amount of tax then a 3 1/2 star in the same area.this is from hotwire about 3 months ago

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]