headtrip
By headtrip,
in

Check-In Date: Thursday, August 9, 2007

Check-Out Date: Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hotel Name: Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel

2 Meadowlands Plaza

East Rutherford, New Jersey 07073

I had bid a number of times planning for an August New York trip...

Actually I need 3 days Aug 8-Aug 11, but decided to split my bid after multiple rejects below:

for 3 nights, tried:

Jersey City and Elizabeth 3* $70,$75

Seacacus and Jersey City 2.5* $65, $70

Jersey City and Seacacus 2.5* $65, $70

Seacacus and East Ruthorford 3* $60, $65

and finally, for 2 nights, tried:

East Rutherford and Seacacus 2.5* $55, $60 the winning bid.

Please help me with the transportation, I wasn't planning on driving and this place looks like an orphan accross the freeway from Giants stadium. There isn't much written up on how to get to or from here. The hotel does have a shuttle, but hotel shuttles aren't normally known for their prompt service.

Can I get to NYC from here without a car?

Thanks Dahammer, somehow I missed that thread when I was reviewing the board.

The Hotels Web site states that the pool will reopen on July 21, 2007.

BTW, this reservation was made through Savingsbarn.com (I usually forget to include that).

looks like the Jets have a preseason game on 8/10...fortunately you'll miss the Giants fans on 8/11 :) I would call the hotel before your stay and double check the shuttle schedule and the stops. Do you have plans for the 8/8? Or, were you offered add a night?

I went back to priceline and was able to add last night 8/8/07 for $60 without any problem....but now I'm confused because I had bid $60 for 3* and didn't win, but won the hotel bidding 2.5* and was able to add Wednesday night back in at the same price. On my winning bid, one shows the hotel having 2.5* (the first time I won), and then the add on today it shows the hotel with 3*. I'm at a loss to explain what went wrong, but interestingly enough they also misspelled my name in the reservation by adding an "o", I've used priceline for years and always use the same profile with them which has my name spelled correctly in their computer, so I imagine the mistake was created by a manual correction.

And since I come from a NFL-less town (Los Angeles), I most certainly will be going to see the Jets-Falcons preseason game accross the road. Tickets for preseason games are usually plentiful, and it makes it much easier to get back that evening since we can ride the event transportation directly from New York to the stadium.

Thanks again for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]