Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC (MTC) Holiday Inn Midtown

mchia02
By mchia02,
in

Downtown - SoHo 2 star for $207 Only High-speed Internet Access; an extra charge may apply.

Midtown South 2.5 star for $219. Complimentary continental or full breakfast & High-speed Internet Access.

Hotwire take our bid for 2 adults and 2 children. Priceline can only guarantee sleeping for 2, so we do not want to risk bidding for a room for two.

If you any good suggeestion, we will consider SPLITTING OUR BID.

from HOTWIRE's customer care page:

Q: How many beds are in the lodgings?

A: All rooms booked on Hotwire will accommodate the appropriate number of guests in each room, based on the total number of guests you provided and the number of rooms you requested. While we cannot guarantee the number of beds in a property room, some properties may offer pull-out couches or cots. If you have specific needs, please contact the property directly. Our partners will do their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Is there something particular you're looking for from this stay/hotel?

I ask because Dowtnown and MTS are not the most convenient (or most frequently bid) zones for a typical visitor to the city, and i'm seeing higher rated hotels for a similar price in more centrally located areas. For instance, HOTWIRE has a 3* rated hotel in the MTC zone which is the same price and would seem to be better located for the average visitor (but maybe you have something to do downtown which makes that option better for you?)

What is your maximum nightly budget for this trip?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Right now hotwire does not have any other hotels in manhanttan for a family of 4 at the above date except those mentioned above

Budget is around $200 per night.

Is it better to stay in Long Island and commute to Manhattan? How long is the ride? Does the subway run between this 2 places?

Do you mean Long Island City or Long Island? (they are very different places)... but personally i woudln't stay in either (for different reasons) if my intention was to visit Manhattan everyday.

For 6/21-6/26 HOTWIRE has a 3* in the MTC zone for $219/nite (quad occupancy), so if you're willing to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID i would sooner take that for this portion of your stay. Best guess is that this property is the Holiday Inn Midtown, which alternately you could book a non-refundable rate on their website for $232/nite. Not sure how flexible your budget is to know if this fits in or not.

The earlier dates of your stay, 6/18-6/21, are the more difficult (and more expensive) nites and i think you'll need to go even higher for these dates, but if the above is a possibility then i'll see what i can come up with for the beginning of your stay.

If you do book the above (for part of your stay) please use the links in this thread (our HOTWIRE link or our Holiday Inn Midtown link) to begin your purchase.

Let us know yor thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) Thanks for the tip. Booked through your link to HOTWIRE for 6/21-6/26. It is Holiday Inn Midtown.

Any suggestion for 6/18-6/21? Should I book the original Midtown South 2.5* at $229 or Downtown/SOHO 2* at $212 ?

Before posting here. I had already booked Marrakech Hotel at for 6/18-6/26.

Rates are Rates:

US$179.00 (Jun 18,2007)

US$189.00 (Jun 19,2007 - Jun 21,2007)

Should I take their 3 days or cancel all?

EDIT by Thereuare: the balance of this stay is continued here: Hotwire New York City.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]