Priceline Hotel: when is the best time to try?

giada
By giada,
in

We are attending conference at Intercontinental 6/21,22, we have the conference rate for the first two nights of 279, after that they say they are completely booked, so we have our back up at the Club Quarters 6/23,6/24. Our first choice is the Sofitel water Tower and I am interested in the James, Burnham(if not for the noise). From my search it looks like this is a pretty busy weekend and we will probably end up at the CQ-not our top pick of location but price was ok. I was wondering when is the best time to try and get something on pl or hw? Is it easier the closer you get or harder? Just discouraged and wishing we had booked Monday night when Sofitel was less than 300. Any advice?

thanks

The CQ rate is 294 then 209 for sunday night, yes it is 4 nights total 2 currently at Intercontinental and 2 at CQ. I will look at the Afinia and run it by DH. He knows the city better than I and has lots of preferences :).

Thanks

thereuare

I have looked on tripadvisor and the bad reviews for the AFFINIA are really bad- what gives, should we just book it for the better location or stay put at the CQ. Do you think it is too late to get something good by bidding with this being a busy weekend for conv?

thanks

The CQ offers some pretty small, basic rooms. An average of $250 a night is going to feel like too much for what you get. It's not a bad hotel, but $250 is pretty high for it. It's also in a location that's going to be very quiet at night.

The only problem is that there's not much else available for these dates. The Affinia does get some very mixed reviews (although you'll notice that at least the management has responded on tripadvisor, something that's fairly rare on tripadvisor in terms of downtown hotels), but its worst reviews aren't as bad as the worst at some other hotels (see the W City Center, Hyatt Regencyor the Millennium Knickerbocker) and it is undergoing some renovations (which won't be an issue if you're going to be out all day.) The Affinia is in the better location. It doesn't get consistently good reviews, but it's $100 less a night via Quikbook for a much better location you can walk to from the Intercontinental.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

If you're looking to spend $350+ on a hotel :) take another look at Quikbook where i think you'll find more options for far less:

Seneca Hotel for $265/nite which gets great reviews

Even the Sofitel is there for $385/nite... so for an extra $10/nite you don't have to worry about what it is you'll get.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Another recommendation in the 300's would be the Amalfi, which is $359 on Expedia. At least there you get breakfast and an evening reception.

There's also the Talbott for $299 on Orbitz.com . The Talbott's a very nice, European-style 4* boutique not far from the Sofitel. The only issue with it is that there is currently construction going on next to the hotel (new condos), so you may want to call ahead to get a room in the front of the building if you're going to be around the hotel much of the day. If you're going to be out all day, it's not going to be an issue.

Either the Talbott or Amalfi would be good choices, and you'd know what you were getting.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]