Priceline Hotel: Nice places to stay in Miami

frow
By frow,
in

My wife and I are going on a cruise and need to stay overnight on 04/17/04 in Miami. I have never used hotwire or priceline and I am trying to figure out how to go about staying in a nice place for the night. I would to stay somewhere near the pier but also near a nice beach if that is possible. Does anyone have any suggestions. Also when we return we are staying another night and have all day Sunday and most of Monday to sight see but we won't be renting a car. So if anyone has any suggestions for that night I would appreciate that also. Our flight leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale so we can stay in either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, which ever has the best hotel with beach access. Lastly for all of you that have been to the area can you tell me where the best beach is. We plan to spend most of our time just kicking back on the beach.

Thank you all for your help.

Well i think that South Beach (Miami) and Ft. Lauderdale Beach have somewhat different personalities so you might want to do a little reading on each... or maybe a user that 'knows' both can comment.

Is there a maximum budget for this part of the stay as i think that South Beach will be slightly more expensive than Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Another hotel you may want to target is the Hyatt Pier 66 as it can often be had a good rate. The Hyatt is not on the beach, but there is a water taxi that stops at the property that will take you there.

Hopefully we'll get some board members that know the area add some info, but i'd also try to do some reading on the 'net about each of the areas and determine which is more inline with what you are looking for.

Any progress on the pre-cruise stay yet?

EDIT: forget about the Pier 66 as it appears to be sold out for your date

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Still haven't come up with a place yet. I was hoping that I could get some feedback from some of the other members about some of the hotels. I will be booking in the next couple days no matter what. As far as the amount goes I would say anywhere between $75 and $125 a night would be okay with me.

Has anyone ever stayed or been to Key Biscayne FL. I see that Priceline has some hotels in this area. I hear that the beaches are some of the best in the world. I am looking for a place to stay one night after I return from my cruise. I wan't to stay somewhere near a good beach in Miami. Does anyone have any suggestions of nice places they have stayed in Miami.

Thanks

Frow,

Although we allow just about any open or loosely related discussion here, you're more likely to get a better answer to a general question such as "where are the best beaches" at a more broadly focussed travel related website.

If you don't get the answer you're looking for i'd suggest scanning the 'net and then continuing this thread when you have a specific area in mind.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]