Hotwire Hotel: Fort Lauderdale Help

LJGJR
By LJGJR,
in

Trying to use Hotwire to get the Embassy Suites but it has been going for $175/night for weeks.

Is there a chance it will drop below $100 during May? I paid about $70 last year for this hotel.

We need 3 rooms for a pre-cruise night (21 May) and a post-cruise night (29 May). We have tentatively reserved the Springhill Suites ($84/night) in Dania Beach but know very little about the property.Will this location be cruise friendly? Shuttle? Restaurants? Shopping?

Thanks for any info.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Apparently the ES has signed contracts with many of the cruise lines and therefore don't have the excess inventory they have had in years past. As a result, rates have been very high and the deals haven't been nearly as great as they have in years past :)

I've been recommending the airport zone to people in similar situations as it's still convenient to both the airport and the pier. If you'd like some help for this zone feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well what appears to be the Sheraton seems to be available for your dates at ~$75/nite. I've read a few comments about this property and can gather that at this price it represents a good value.

If you'd be happy with this hotel or the Wyndham (or of course another hotel we don't yet know about) i would try Priceline if you're comfortable doing so.

If you want to try that route you have one re-bid zone available at the 3* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding you can read more about here: PRICELINE TIPS - Bidding Again Before 72 Hours. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and/or confirm which zone qualifies as your re-bid zone.

If there are no questions and you're all set to go i would...

Select 3* Airport area and:

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $55

(if successful i'm thinking that it will likely take the $55 bid, so don't get discouraged if $50 doesn't work :) )

Any questions regarding the above please ask.

Let us know what you decide to do and how it works out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]