Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Kensington-Earls Court-Knightsbridge) Holiday Inn Forum

GlobalGuy
By GlobalGuy,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

A 'good area' is relative to what you want to do, see, and visit... so this will be different for everyone. I would suggest doing a bit of research on your own in addition to posting the purpose of this stay so that you have a better idea of which areas you'd like to stay.

Once you decide upon the zones you're willing to accept let us know your maximum bid as well as your minimum star rating as we'll try to advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your response. I prefer to stay in a 4* hotel in the following zones Bloomsbury - SOHO, Westminster , Kensington or Regents Park. I can bid upto $ 100. If I am unable to secure a room then I am willing to consider other zones. I want to stay closer to major attractions and tube.

I prefer to stay in a 4* hotel in the following zones Bloomsbury - SOHO, Westminster , Kensington or Regents Park

The bolded zone above is not one zone... are you willing to bid all of the following:

Bloomsbury - Marble Arch

Mayfair - Soho

Westminster

Kensington - Earls Court - Knightsbridge

Regents Park - Baker Street

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes , that is correct. I will bid in all of the following zones

Bloomsbury - Marble Arch

Mayfair - Soho

Westminster

Kensington - Earls Court - Knightsbridge

Regents Park - Baker Street

and in case I am unable to secure a 4* for around $100 /night then as a last resort I will also consider the following zones

Hammersmith

Notting Hill - Bayswater

Finsbury and Islington

You need to do some research and your mileage may vary but -

If $100 is your limit, you're most likely (I say this without checking rates, which you ought to do) to get a 4* hotel in Kensington or Regents Park.

You can try this strategy over a few days of rebidding.

Note: This assumes normal occupancy in London

There are no re-bid zones at the 4* level in London, but you can try as follows:

Select 4* Bloomsbury...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Mayfair...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Westminster

Select 4* Kensington

Select 4* Regents Park

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Mayfair...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Westminster and Kensington...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Regents Park...

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Mayfair and Westminster...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Kensington and Bloomsbury and Regents Park...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Westminster and Mayfair and Kensington...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Westminster and Bloomsbury and Regents Park...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Mayfair and Westminster and Kensington...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Mayfair and Westminster and Regents Park...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Mayfair and Westminster and Kensington and Regents Park...

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Your choices come down to:

-wait it out

-add alternate zones

-SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID

-lower star rating

I do think that if you do choose to split your bid you have a decent chance at success with the above strategy for the first two nites of your stay. Although the first few sets of dates will likley not be successful, I would still repeat in the following date order in attempt to get as many dates as possible taken care of because i think the latter nites of your stay will be much more difficult:

5/26-5/30

5/26-5/29

5/27-5/30

5/26-5/28

5/28-5/30

If you choose to split your bid you can bid immediately since changing your dates is viewed as an entirely new bid.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if you have any questions regarding the above.

Good Luck.

Thanks for all your help. Continued with the same strategy , started bidding after the 24 hour lock out expired. My $ 108 was accepted for Holiday Inn Kensington Forum. I will write a review of this hotel once I get back.

I also need to stay 2 nights in Edinburgh , Scotland during 5/30 thru 6/1. You want me to start a new thread for this ?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]