Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Champaign Country Inn and Suites

Belli
By Belli,
in

Hi Thereuare and everyone else!

I need some help bidding for a hotel in Champaign-Urbana for a stay from Sunday May 13- Tuesday May 15. I want to stay in at least a 2 star hotel, preferrably a 2.5 or 3 star hotel. I have a back up at the Extended Stay for $79 a night in case priceline doesn't work. I already checked out hotwire and I know that the La Quinta Inn is available but I'm not especially interested in it because of bad reviews on TripAdvisor.

I only saw one hotel on the pinned list for priceline. But when I went to priceline.com I saw that they have several 2 stars when you have the option of buying the unmasked properties without bidding. Can I assume that these are the same hotels offered when you bid? I am concerned because the unmasked properties show 2 stars motels that are in Rantoul, about 15 miles away from Champaign. I do not want to get stuck with one of these properties. Should I just bid 2.5 and higher? Any suggestions where to start the bidding at?

Thanks everyone!

they have several 2 stars when you have the option of buying the unmasked properties without bidding. Can I assume that these are the same hotels offered when you bid?
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ... but as this in not a frequenlty bid zone, i'd try to be comfortable with anything shown in the 'retail' version of priceline.
the unmasked properties show 2 stars motels that are in Rantoul, about 15 miles away from Champaign.
Are these in priceline's boundary of the Champaign-Urbana zone?
Any suggestions where to start the bidding at?
What is your limit for a 3* property? For a 2.5* property?
I have a back up at the Extended Stay for $79
A reminder, as per our support page that we are an affiliate of the Extended Stay brand and using our links helps keep this place a free resource for everyone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks!

I looked up Rantoul and it is outside of the shaded "Champaign/Urbana" area so I assume that it is safe to bid on priceline. Do you know how much taxes and "fees" I can anticipate paying in addition to my bid? $85 a night is my limit for either 2.5 or 3 stars, since they seem about the same. Does that seem like a reasonable bid? Thanks for your quick response-- I will be bidding tomorrow afternoon. And, of course, I will use the savingsbarn link as always.

If you look at the specific address then i think that Rantoul hotel may be in the northern most boundary of the Champaign-Urbana zone (you have to go by the shaded region of the map, not the city name)

Given there are no re-bidding zones for this area and your stay is just 3 days away, is there a reason you're not starting your bidding now?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

About Rantoul:

I only saw 2 hotels in Rantoul available on priceline, A two star and a one star. They both appear to be beyond Thomasboro, which is outside of the shaded region. Do you think it's okay then to safely bid and not be bidding for Rantoul?

With very little history in this area, no re-bid zones, and little time before your stay, i would try $60 for a 3* and if that is rejected try $40 for a 2.5*. If that too is rejected let us know if you want to try for a 2* today or re-try for the higher rated hotels again tomorrow.

In the rush to leave for my trip, I didn't have time to post! So, here it is:

I bid on Friday and went up to $68 for a 3 star and $55 for a 2.5 star. I was rejected.

On Saturday, I rebid and got a 2.5 star in Champaign for $66 a night and was accepted. I think it was particularly difficult to get a hotel because the university was having its graduation on Sunday so most of the hotels were near capacity.

Country Inn And Suites Champaign

Champaign - Urbana

602 West Marketview Drive

Champaign, Illinois 61822

217-355-6666

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $66.00

Subtotal: $132.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $24.01

Total Charges*: $156.01

Hotel was very nice and clean and I would stay there again. One tip though: put the "do not disturb" doornob on your door at night. The housekeepers start knocking on doors to clean up at 8:30 a.m.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]