AZ Tucson Extended StayAmerica Grant Rd East

maynard7
By maynard7,
in

I checked in at 330 pm, so I thought I would get a decent room. The clerk claimed to only have 3 non-smoking rooms in the whole place, even though the parking lot was nearly empty. Even that night at 1100 pm, the parking lot was only 30% full. They gave me the mother of all "Priceline rooms"... the room was directly across from the elevator AND the 2 maid's closets. Also, on each side of the elevator was a wall 10 feet long, so the room had no view and was very dark, even with the curtains open. I've gotten this type of treatment at other Extended Stay properties before, and I can't help but believe that it's part of their training to the staff: give Priceline customers the least desireable rooms, even when the hotel isn't full.

Since the doors at this ESA open to the outside, you really can't have the curtains open anyway (because of the walkway right next to your window). They realize that these rooms will have noise issues, so they installed 2 sets of windows that can't be opened. It does mask the noise somewhat, and with the air conditioner fan on, I didn't get woken up. The maids get their carts at 9;30 a.m. The room itself was impeccable and I really can't complain about anything in the room. The bed was very comfortable and everything worked and was clean. I got the room for $32 on Priceline, which is much less than the $75 they normally charge. Location is good if you want to be in eastern Tucson, but it's far from Interstate 10. Typical ESA housekeeping norms apply here; you only get one housekeeping visit per week... no daily maid service. Full kitchen with dishes, pots, pans and silverware. Cable TV service is limited, and there are 4 ESPN stations. Couldn't one of the 4 be traded for a business channel?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]