Priceline Hotel: Still bidding for DC 6/12 to 6/14

djca
By djca,
in

I posted awhile back that I needed a stay in DC for 6/10 to 6/14. And since I can't get anything from Priceline for the entire stay, I first got one at 4* Hyatt Regency for $110/night for 6/10 to 6/12 through a Priceline bid.

Now I spent the last few days trying to get a successful bid for 6/12 to 6/14. Well it must be that most hotels are booked around that time, or just haven't released to Priceline yet. I know for a fact there is a conference at Omni Shoreham from 6/10 to 6/14 because that's what I'm going to attend, and they're still holding rooms for conference participants until tomorrow 5/8.

My Priceline bids for 4* hotels in CC-CH,Dupont, and WH areas reached around $175 if I remember correctly. For 3* it reached probably around the same level. For 2*, maybe around $150. Didn't get any.

In the meantime, I got a couple of rooms at 3* Holiday Inn on the Hill through Venere.com at $149/night for 6/12 to 6/14. This hotel is apparently just beside or across the street from Hyatt Regency.

This is my first booking through Venere.com. Are they reliable? I've got my confirmation number already. And I think I can cancel if I can get one on Priceline later. The rate for the hotel website for the same dates is

$261/night. From Priceline it is $290/night.

1) reply to the UNread message in your INBOX

2) venere is legit

3) Holiday Inn has a Best Rate Guarantee where they will match the price plus an additional 10%

4) we are an affiliate of the Holiday Inn, so you can use our Holiday Inn on the Hill link to make your reservation (use the cancellable rate if you're only using this as a back-up) which would bring your rate on the above down to $135

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info re Venere and Holiday Inn's Lowest Rate Guarantee. I'll have to think about availing of the guarantee first because it requires that I book the lowest available rate on Holiday Inn's site. That rate is non-refundable so I cannot use it as backup.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]