Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millennium-Loop-Grant Park) Hyatt Regency

Angelnot
By Angelnot,
in

Family had great rooms with a $45 bid at the Hyatt with a river view during a stay in mid March. Was hoping lightening would strike again.

We were late booking our event hotel (Michigan Ave. Marriott) so had co-worker try Priceline. On 5/2 we were able to book one room for $60 a night 5/11-5/15. On Friday I decided I wanted my own room rather than sharing although we'd called the hotel and requested 2 beds. My work would have had to pay $269 a night at the Marriott or across the street at the Intercontinental but the block rate rooms were not available. I did not do a rack rate search so I have no real idea what we should have been paying. I figured I had nothing to lose if I got a $60 room.

May 4 late evening bid history:

4* MP/Loop/GP $45 rejected

Added 4* NMA @ $50 rejected

Closed down then bid 4* MDW adding 4* MP/Loop/GP @ $60 accepted

At one point Priceline would not let me rebid. I'm not sure what I did wrong so I closed the browser and tried again an hour later with the $60 bid with Midway and the Loop as zones. The $60 bid was accepted! Yee haw!!! No 3 women sharing one bathroom. We'll buy the Transit Travel Pass and it is a short hop to the Marriott. I called the hotel, mentioned my gold pass # and asked for rooms next door to each other, nonsmoking rooms, quiet floor, near the ice machine but not next to it, in the West Tower. Well see what we get.

I should add the folks at work now think I'm a travel wizard. Things were not looking good cost wise for this extended stay. Priceline was a great deal even after tax and fees.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]