Priceline Hotel: Flagstaff/Williams/Grand Canyon area 5/26-5/27

pesachphilip
By pesachphilip,
in

bump - would like to end up with a 2.5 or 3 star either in Williams or Flagstaff - although these seem to be in diff. priceline zones so not too many free re-bids. thanks.

PS i'd rather not end up in Sedona, we have a 2 year old and would rather be as close to GRand Canyon for the morning trip as possible.

I'd certainly be willing to pay more for a 3* if it means not staying at Howard Johnson (which is considered a 2* in Williams) - hotels all around there seem to be pretty $$ for the night. But I guess the budget would be in the $100-$150 range for the evening (although I'd probably rather be on the lower end of that). We're also staying one night the previous Monday night in Phoenix and looking into hotels for that as well, although need to be in a more specific area so may end up booking using some Thankyounetwork/Expedia Points that we have for that one. Thanks for the advice in advance!!

I've checked two 3* hotels in the area and they're both sold-out, so this may be a tough win for these dates!

In Flagstaff you can bid for 2.5* and 3* hotels, bu tin Williams the highest star rating offered is 2.5*. In each situation you have one re-bid zone at each star level. This is probably lowballing so dont' get discouraged if/when not successful, but i would try the following for your first round of bidding:

Select 3* Flagstaff...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Flagstaff...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Williams...

Bid $50.

Give the above a try for starters and we'll then take it from there.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

tried at 60 and 70 for 3 star rejected, then went for 2.5 star at 70 and 80, both rejected; i then also realized i could add a 3rd 2.5 star with sedona (since no 2.5 stars in sedona or the 3rd city listed with flagstaff) and rebid that at 90 and also rejected. after taxes and fees the next bid (say at 100) would come out to almost $120 and I currently have the Ramada West Grand Canyon (Flagstaff) on hold with the hotel for around $130 after taxes with their AAA rate - so do you think I should just try to wait at this point to rebid the week before in case anything opens then in the 3 star range - I have not tried Williams yet as Flagstaff at this point is the best location for us (williams may be a bit further then we want to travel on Sat. night from Phoenix) but we'll see about Williams. But let me know please if you advise anything further for Flagstaff or does it look too sold out at this point you think?

i then also realized i could add a 3rd 2.5 star with sedona (since no 2.5 stars in sedona or the 3rd city listed with flagstaff)

CAREFUL!!!

The star rating you select is the minimum star rating you are willing to accept... when bidding for 2.5* you can be upgraded to a higher star rated hotel. Therefore, you can't safely add Sedona as a re-bid zone since it contains star ratings higher than the star level you have selected.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello. Chiming in here since it was not too long ago that my family stayed in Williams, AZ. We took the train to the Canyon that goes from the town of Williams. However, the place we stayed was like a small lodge outside of town. It is kind of basis at first glance and we didn't think much of it as it was the first week it was open in spring.

However, they had horse back riding plus a great atmosphere near the mountains and great breakfasts. I could look up the name of it if intersted.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]