Hotwire Hotel: HELP: 5* Quincy Market/Financial District

macs4us
By macs4us,
in

I am beginning to look for a room in Boston for October and saw this come up:

Date: 10/15

Rating: 5* (luxury)

Amenities:

Boutique Hotel, Restaurant, Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center,

Tennis Nearby

The price was $219/nt. Any ideas on what this could be?

In general, there are only two hotels that are considered 5-star in Boston - the Four Seasons and the Ritz-Carlton (actually, there are two RCs now). Since none of these are in the Quincy Market area (they're both in Boston Common), I would hazard a guess that it must be a small, boutique hotel. There have been a couple that opened in the past year or two here.

One possibility is XV Beacon, an exclusive boutique located near the State House. It's only a block from the Common, but also just two blocks from the Financial District. So depending upon how they draw their lines, this is one possibility. But that's all just speculation...

Thanks for the response. I have never been to Boston, so it hard to figure what hotels fall into some of the Zones. Is another possibility NINE ZERO? I know they are part of Destination Hotels, but not sure if they are in the right zone, or qualify as a five star (although that is a relative term sometimes on hotwire).

Thanks for the feedback...

> Alanstarr, you seem to know the area well, what is the

> above property like? Could it be classified as a Boutique?

I've actually never heard of the Langham, so I can't comment. Nine Zero is similar to XV Beacon - a small, upscale boutique hotel. And after looking at locations, all three fall into Hotwire's Financial District map, so it could be any of 'em...

I've been in XV Beacon - very nice place, a good bar, but very small rooms. (They also have an amazing wine cellar, but I don't know if it's open to everyone. They do rent it out for parties and small meetings though.)

Haven't been inside the other two hotels mentioned.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]