Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Hilton

mickcur
By mickcur,
in

Hi there board members!

I'm a newbie to Priceline and this is my first post.

First of all, thanks for everyones input into this wonderful resource.

I have a question about the Priceline 24 hour new bid policy. Here it goes:

Times are just made up for ease of explanation.

I made a bid on a hotel say at 6.00am without using the rebid options - bid not accepted. At 6.00pm I made a rebid using a different zone - bid not accepted. At noon next day (more than 24 hours after the original bid) I made a completely new bid for the same thing, and was rejected as a duplicate.

So do I have to wait 24 hours from the second bid now?

Also, do I now also have to wait 24 hours from the supposed duplicate bid?

I hope I haven't confused anyone!

Thanks and Regards,

Michael

Welcome to Betterbidding.

To me this is not clear.

I made a rebid using a different zone

If you mean you added a zone to your original bid then you must wait 24 hours after this bid.

If you start a completely new bid (with a totally different zone) then the 24 hours runs from there.

Best bet is to have a bid strategy (ask here if you're unsure :) ) before you do any bidding.

If you do bid it would be appreciated it you start from the SavingsBarn web-site.

This is why.

Yes, I did use the Savingsbarn link :)

Sorry about the confusion, I'm still new at this. You are correct, I added a zone to get a "free rebid" (with a zone with star ratings lower than my original zone. Bid was not accepted. I then created a brand new bid more than 24 hours from the original bid, but less than 24 hours after adding my extra zone in. I had a response that this is a duplicate bid. So I think it makes sense now. I have to wait 24 hours from when I added the new zone. Does that sound right?

FYI I'm bidding for a 3* LAX airport hotel. I'm upto $60 - not accepted and Hotwire have a 3.5* LAX airport hotel for the same dates at $69. So it's getting to the point where it's almost not worth worrying with Priceline. But I must admit, I love the challenge!

Thanks again,

Michael

Don't be sorry about anything !

Glad you know to use the SB link.

What dates are you traveling?

But I must admit, I love the challenge!

I have to admit, it gets to a point where (relatively) I don't end up saving money, by going through HOTWIRE but try to nail the exact price point ( or even lower) that Pl has set.

Let the games begin.

BTW

IMHO (don't take offence :) )

If you put everything on one line.Despite putting full stops in to make a sentence. It's really hard to read quickly. As the Admins have to read quite a few posts, so time is of the essence, it would be nice if you separated the lines with a few paragraphs.

See what I mean?

used savingsbarn link

First bid was for 4* $65, then 3* $65. Offer accepted at Hilton LAX.

Hilton Los Angeles Airport

Check-In Date: Tue, May 8, 2007

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Wed, May 9, 2007

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $65.00

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $130.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $26.66

Total Charges*: $156.66

Pretty much the hotel we were after, so we are very happy.

Also, if anyone is interested, I purchased this off a duplicate bid from my account. The greyed out boxes turned white, and hence changeable after the 24 hours.

Regards,

Michael

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]