Priceline Hotel: Any Suggestions for 6 people?

oghsjbabbitt
By oghsjbabbitt,
in

We have my entire family going to NYC from July 1st to July 8th 2007. We currently have 2 rooms for $134/night at the Holiday Inn Express in Chelsea. I was wondering if anyone thought there might be a better deal out there for us. The first 2 nights 7/1 and 2 we already have reward ressies at the ES at Secaucus. The nights we would need are 7/3 to 7/8. I would stay in Manhattan or Jersey City.

that sounds like a good deal at the Holiday Inn Express, its cancellable (I assume), you know what you are getting and you can reserve your bedding preferences, plus the cinnamon rolls and coffee are pretty good. I believe that thereuare has mentioned that the best values for bidding are at the 4* level in Manhattan, but Priceline only guarantees accomodations for 2, so if you bid, you could possibly end up with a room with a double or queen bed. HOTWIRE allows you to search for 4 per room, and in doing a search it appears that the Embassy Suites is available in SoHo @ $176 for 2 adults, but when 1 child is added, the rate disappears. :)

i just completed a lengthy stay at the hix chelsea (btw now called the hix madison square garden) and here are my thoughts...

-- it's the largest hix and the breakfast area looks huge, but in the morning it's an absolute zoo (worst i have seen at any hix in usa or europe)

-- the staff is very helpful and they even have a concierge!

-- the rooms on the corners appear very small - they moved me to a handicapped room which is the largest space they have but its only a queen bed (vs a king in the other rooms)

-- location is great - not awesome but great.

-- if you get a room facing 28th street, there is a club where they play bass music until 2-3AM th, f, s - if you are a light sleeper you might be better asking for a room facing the front of the hotel

-- the doors SLAM because they have no buffer and because people are lazy and don't catch it - several times I was woken up at 4am because of freakin morons.

all in all its a very nice property and well worth the money.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]