Priceline Hotel: Failed bids Milwaukee 5/13-5/17

keno
By keno,
in

Attempting to bid for Milwaukee North Shore area. Hoping to get the Radisson.

Started bidding at $60 for 3* failed

Added Milwaukee Northwest at $65 failed

Added Downtown (fallback zone) at $68 failed

I'll try again tomorrow. $80 is my max.

Used the SB link as usual.

keno

I'm pretty familiar with this area. I see Radisson.com has this hotel available for $119.00. Another known 3* is the Hilton Milwaukee River which is $105.00 on Hilton.com, Orbitz, and CheapTickets.

You have some time (not a lot and I understand wanting to have your hotel set) for bidding and if you really want the MKE North Shore I would keep bidding here and your free rebid with Milwaukee Northwest. I think you are bidding in the right price range given the prices and availability that seem to be out there for your dates.

I would caution you in bidding the Downtown zone unless you really don't mind staying there as there are several 3* properties that come up often. You have some time and with continued bidding (every 24) I would guess that you could get this area at 3* within your price range of under $80.

On a side note I did check Hotwire during your dates and I only saw what is believed to be LaQuinta Inn (former Baymont) at 2.5* with hi speed internet and continental breakfast icons during your dates at $72/$73 per night and it is available for $75 on lq.com. I would also keep checking Hotwire for availability as it changes all the time. You can check back her for "best guesses" at what hotels you might be seeing on Hotwire also, they call this zone Glendale.

Also if you are considering the Downtown Zone Hotwire appears to be showing the 4* Ambassador Hotel (best guess it could always end up being another hotel as I'm sure you know) for your dates (see reviews on this hotel it is a bit off where most would think is Downtown) for $89.00 per night and it seems to be going for around $71 a night on Priceline with the recent bid wins reported. There are a lot of rebids since this is considered a 4*. You will want to consider any of the parking charges you may find in the Downtown zone when you are comparing what you are bidding in the North Shore vs. Downtown.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]