Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Buckhead) JW Marriot

john34
By john34,
in

Hi, I'm trying to figure out if you can tell the difference between the JW Marriot, Grand Hyatt, and Intercontinental when bidding on a 4* on priceline. I see that quite a few people have been getting the intercontinental lately, and that is what I would prefer as well. Is there anyway to at least help ensure this? I know nothing is certain.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking for a 4* in buckhead (I saw the options are the Grand Hyatt, Intercontinental, and JW Marriot). I would take any of those, so I'm not too worried about it, but if I had a choice I would take the intercontinental first, then JW, then grand hyatt. The dates are 7/20-7/22 (weird, someone else on here is looking for the same exact dates). I see that the common advice is to start at about $40 and then keep going up 5 or so dollars until you get accepted (there are about 14 zones in ATL with no 4* properties). Is that all I can do, or is there something else I should keep in mind?

... I see that the common advice is to start at about $40 and then keep going up 5 or so dollars until you get accepted (there are about 14 zones in ATL with no 4* properties). Is that all I can do, or is there something else I should keep in mind?

Sounds like the best plan to me.

Please use the links that support the board :)

Hi, this thread is a bit confusing now because my original post was somehow merged with my second thread. Originally I was asking how to differentiate between the Intercontinental and the other 2 (JW and Grand Hyatt) because I was hoping for the Intercontinental. But I ended up getting the JW for 65/night. That was my second choice and I got it for a bit cheaper, so that's ok. I'm not sure, but it looks like if the JW has any rooms available for the nights you are bidding, you will likely end up with the JW because the rooms go for about 65 and I've seen the intercontinental in the 70-75 range. So if you start low and keep going up, you probably will find JW first.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]